• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looking at their website, they will be closing at 4 on the day i'm going :(. On the bright side, that means they are expectng it to be quiet :).

Looks very busy today on park.

Nemmy 60
Smiler 65
Rita 90
Thirteen 90
Wickerman 120

Looking at their website, they will be closing at 4 on the day i'm going :(. On the bright side, that means they are expectng it to be quiet :).

Assuming they have everything open, a 4pm shut on an off-peak day is still better than a 5pm on a real busy one for me. You'll get way more rides in including on WM.

Today looks mental for example. You'd be looking at 4-5 rides today without fasspass. Nah.....not for me anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easter Holidays, what else would people expect?
You remember 2016, right? 2017 wasn't much busier. Good to see.

I booked a trip months ago... And now they've released the opening times for the theme park I'm gutted I did 10am till 4pm. If it's busy IV wasted a trip 4 hours down the road.
I think they would shift your booking if you played it right, but to shift it to a day where you get more hours on park will result in far fewer rides - I'd take less hours + more rides, personally.

Last edited:
They were complaining earlier on Facebook that the queue to get in seemed to stretch from the entrance all the way back to the Lower Micklim Farm campsite, or appeared to, not sure if it was weight of traffic or an accident.

But if that was the case, I dread to think what the entrance area was like....

That have proved to be decently adaptable though. The park is open until 6PM now today.

Ride times is reporting 6 coasters over an hour.

Those queue times are good to see though as well as the later close time. At least attendance seems to be up (which was to be expected obviously with WM)

Can't wait to go back a week on Tuesday. Hope it's dead quiet.

This shows they can pull a crowd wicker man is amazing the crowds just a pity people all around want to spend their money but loads of closed kiosks mmmmm perhaps Merlin board need to be sent some pics to answer why takings are down when they start crying to the treasury

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Those queue times are good to see though as well as the later close time. At least attendance seems to be up (which was to be expected obviously with WM)

Can't wait to go back a week on Tuesday. Hope it's dead quiet.
Some schools start there 2 weeks holidays on Monday so it might not be as quiet as your hoping!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Looking at twitter again it seems the plaza has been an utter shambles once more though. They just can't deal with the volume of guests it seems. Staffing definitely an issue which clearly comes down to cuts.

Some schools start there 2 weeks holidays on Monday so it might not be as quiet as your hoping!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Closing at 4pm suggests they are not expecting it to be chocker. I think it's a very small number of schools who aren't back by the 17th so it should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at twitter again it seems the plaza has been an utter shambles once more though. They just can't deal with the volume of guests it seems. Staffing definitely an issue which clearly comes down to cuts.

It is obvious the the park is generally going to be a complete and utter misery on days that are anything more than slightly busy. Cuts mean that they cannot cope in so many different aspect of their operation.

I am of course pleased to see the park busy today, it seems far busier than it has been on any day over the last couple of Easters. However I do wonder how much of that is down to a reduced ride line-up and poor operations; what would the queues look like with this many guests on park in say 2010?

:)

What a shambles Rita down and runaway mine train down, nemisis queue massive and still only on one train. At this rate park will need to open to 7pm or if it continues they will have to in the summer.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I wonder how busy the park is in terms of actual attendance.

The queue times tell only one side of the story, if operations are terrible we will obviously see long waits even on average days.

c2EeiX3_d.jpg

It must be ram packed on park today

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.