• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There were some complaints about it on the MAP Facebook group last week that people booking in to Towers were being asked for a £50 deposit leaving some without any money for food (see, not everybody wants or has a credit card) but also a similar amount of posts later in the week saying they'd scrapped it as quickly as it was introduced.

Yea they charged me and took 8 days to give it back.
Many complaints I made.
Made no difference tho.
They don’t care by then
You have had your hotel stay.
They have had your money.

You have been shafted all round :rolleyes:

Anyone seen the new show? Is it as bad as I'm imagining?

Also, are they doing the pirate show or are they still withholding it at gunpoint to justify there otherwise worthless Christmas offering?

What is this show everybody keeps going on about? The only "show" I saw was some Britain's got Talent wannabes "dancing" to extremely loud and over based music in that show area down by Nemesis (where Ripsaw used to be).

If that's what they class as a "show", it really shows just how far standards have slipped, not just with Towers, but by the paying public too.

Didn't help that you couldn't see half the "show" as it was because the wall was in the way blocking everybody's view of the breakdancer.

:rolleyes: If it’s anything thing like the £50 they take as a room deposit when you check in to the hotel, then takes them a week or more to release the retention on it back to your account
More unhappy people.
What's the £50 deposit about? What's it a deposit for?

Sorry if I'm being thick. I'm a little confused what it's about.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Didn't help that you couldn't see half the "show" as it was because the wall was in the way blocking everybody's view of the breakdancer.
They ripped that out years ago :p

Interested to see it. Feels like it came out of left field!

What's the £50 deposit about? What's it a deposit for?

Sorry if I'm being thick. I'm a little confused what it's about.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

In case you do any damage to the room, I think

They told me it was standard practice and I could then charge drinks and food to my room. :rolleyes:
Yea like I’m paying hotel bar price drinks .. I brink my own thank you.
I even checked out properly ( rather than just leaving with the hotel room card in my bag) in the hope there would give the money back quicker.

This is standard practice at mid range and higher hotels across the world.

They take a swipe of your card as you check in for ‘incidentals’ which holds the funds, if you don’t spend anything it is released a few days later.

They take a swipe of your card as you check in for ‘incidentals’ which holds the funds, if you don’t spend anything it is released a few days later.
Yes it was common practice at the Enchanted Village since it opened, room service £50 deposit / pre-auth and room card stamped and then if you ordered room service you had already “pre-paid” up to £50.

If it was being enforced as non optional maybe it was just a subliminal way of getting up sell as customer thinks hmm £50 sat aside for room service let’s use it. :rolleyes:

Here's the rub... Alton Towers hotel accommodation is not "mid-range" - they are glorified Travelodges with a bit of theming added. The Treehouses are another matter though.

If you want to visit a theme park with exemplary accommodation, take a trip to Europa Park. All their hotels are 4* or 4* Superior standard - and are often cheaper than Alton Towers hotel offering.

I stayed in Splash 2 weeks ago and was not asked once for any deposit or any as swipe of my cards. I just paid as I went along. Nothing was said of charging £50 to the room.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.