• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The medical team at towers are really good. Its reassuring that Towers has medical cover like that.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Ive had to have tooth surgery because i smashed my teeth into the CRR queue line at scarefest last year (i passed out) and the staff couldn't of been better! Im aware that sounded quite blunt at the end lol

Bottled water is increasingly becoming frowned upon too. If you can get free water refills or glasses of tap water then I think that's good enough. No point creating extra plastic waste for no reason.

My better half needed medical attention at Towers a few years ago and the medical team were absolutely awesome! An absolute credit to the park. They were so caring and really looked after her and I'll always be grateful to them.

Not only does Towers needs a heavily themed flume, but it needs to sort the calamity that is the pathetic CRR experience at present. This once great rapids is now only a plain and themeless gentle boat ride with a wooden coaster built on top of it.

As for free bottles? Well just like the fashionable "deisel is evil" slurs from wannabe goody goody liberals, its also now become trendy to brand anyone who even mentions the use of anything plastic as some sort of Nazi.

Can we please take a moment to talk about N:ST. So many people have moaned about it being closed and now there is some signs of opening and its kinda being disregarded.
It's perhaps fair to say that the signs of opening could be mistaken for efforts to rip the ride system out to use elsewhere and free up the building for Scarefest.

My better half needed medical attention at Towers a few years ago and the medical team were absolutely awesome! An absolute credit to the park. They were so caring and really looked after her and I'll always be grateful to them.

Not only does Towers needs a heavily themed flume, but it needs to sort the calamity that is the pathetic CRR experience at present. This once great rapids is now only a plain and themeless gentle boat ride with a wooden coaster built on top of it.

As for free bottles? Well just like the fashionable "deisel is evil" slurs from wannabe goody goody liberals, its also now become trendy to brand anyone who even mentions the use of anything plastic as some sort of Nazi.

If what I've been told is correct, then the medics at the Towers are actual NHS ambulance and the Towers is one of their bases.

Alton had a great flume (my actual favourite out of all flume rides), it just wasn't looked after properly. It should have never been removed.

You can get canned water, our local Zoo no longer sell bottle water but they sell canned water instead, they too also have water drinking fountains for people to refill their cups/bottles/cans with.

As for NST, TT has been reporting on FB that a white maniquin has been added to it, whether this is part of the themeing or whether someone just has a sense of humour to get us enthusiast talking. Kind of reminds me of the dummies situated at Thorpe Pk Saw

twF5eal.jpg

Last edited:
If what I've been told is correct, then the medics at the Towers are actual NHS ambulance and the Towers is one of their bases.

Alton had a great flume (my actual favourite out of all flume rides), it just wasn't looked after properly. It should have never been removed.

You can get canned water, our local Zoo no longer sell bottle water but they sell canned water instead, they too also have water drinking fountains for people to refill their cups/bottles/cans with.

As for NST, TT has been reporting on FB that a white maniquin has been added to it, whether this is part of the themeing or whether someone just has a sense of humour to get us enthusiast talking. Kind of reminds me of the dummies situated at Thorpe Pk Saw

twF5eal.jpg
SAW Alive potentially coming to Alton Towers at Scarefest? ;)

As for free bottles? Well just like the fashionable "deisel is evil" slurs from wannabe goody goody liberals, its also now become trendy to brand anyone who even mentions the use of anything plastic as some sort of Nazi

Diesels are worse than originally made out for pollution, anybody who knows anything about how engines work can tell you that, and the Government were told of this by advisory groups back when they were consulting over the policy, but as with most things the advise didn't fit the narrative so was ignored in favour of the "Diesel will save the kittens" policy, it's not something goody goody liberals talk about, they're often the ones championing electric cars as the next great world saviour, even though those same people with half a braincell who predicted the diesel particulates issue, are also saying electric cars won't solve anything because of the pollution caused by the battery construction and process required for charging.

I do agree with the rest of what you said, I just object to being classed as a liberal for saying Diesels are crap and won't save the world.

I also agree with the other person who said it shouldn't be Alton's job to provide people with free bottles of water, now that is a goody goody liberal "give everything away for free and to hell with how we're gonna pay for it" policy if ever I've heard one, give access to water sure, which they have done, but that's all they should do, if a person can't prepare properly for their day out in the sun, that's not Alton's job to fix.

There's seemingly been a few incidents on it recently which go completely against this point...

Think I saw some comments recently that the water level has been lower than usual? Which could go some way of explaining such things...

Think I saw some comments recently that the water level has been lower than usual? Which could go some way of explaining such things...

Oh no the hot weather is evaporation the CRR water :D

I can see the headline now. Dry spell leaves Alton towers riders high and dry. Add photo of CRR before they start the pumps and the obligatory smiler reference.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Diesels are worse than originally made out for pollution, anybody who knows anything about how engines work can tell you that, and the Government were told of this by advisory groups back when they were consulting over the policy, but as with most things the advise didn't fit the narrative so was ignored in favour of the "Diesel will save the kittens" policy, it's not something goody goody liberals talk about, they're often the ones championing electric cars as the next great world saviour, even though those same people with half a braincell who predicted the diesel particulates issue, are also saying electric cars won't solve anything because of the pollution caused by the battery construction and process required for charging.

I do agree with the rest of what you said, I just object to being classed as a liberal for saying Diesels are crap and won't save the world.

I also agree with the other person who said it shouldn't be Alton's job to provide people with free bottles of water, now that is a goody goody liberal "give everything away for free and to hell with how we're gonna pay for it" policy if ever I've heard one, give access to water sure, which they have done, but that's all they should do, if a person can't prepare properly for their day out in the sun, that's not Alton's job to fix.
While I try to always remember a bottle to avoid using a cup, most places will give u a disposable cup with water and I'm sure Alton Towers would do the same.

As for electric cars, they're much better for cities as the pollution is created far away from where people are living. But I agree, they're not the answer - we need better public transport instead

Alton dont need to hand out free water, as long as people are sensible, wear suitable clothing/hat , suncream and keep hydrated during their day then there is no need. However, if queues to get drinks are horrendous, then it would put people off trying to get drinks and make the most of the limited opening hours they have for the rides.

As for NST - I think its going to be used for Scarefest.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.