• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

Rita didn't open this morning during ERT, and only did so mid afternoon. Does anybody know why?

Announcement now stating "Rita is running on a reduced capacity, with a queue line of 65 minutes".

I did see two trains launch around lunch, but absolutely nothing after (or before).

Last edited:
A relatively small amount of downtime on one ride is not worthy of its own thread, so I have merged the posts with this thread. Remember to have a look at existing threads on the forum before deciding you need to start a new one!

Thanks!

:)

To be fair it’s always like this at this time of year, school trip hell.

I remember trips with school 20 years ago and it was just the same, we waited 2hours for the Black Hole I seem to remember. Got on about 3 rides all day.

Last time my son went on a school trip to a park they got on two rides, he's actually opted to stay in the school this year and do random stuff during the day instead of "getting heatstroke again at that place".

Last time my son went on a school trip to a park they got on two rides, he's actually opted to stay in the school this year and do random stuff during the day instead of "getting heatstroke again at that place".
This must be an English thing, Scottish schools have been off for a week now.

I wonder why they can't stagger the trips a bit? It doesn't necessarily have to be the end of term, we did a Flamingo Land trip in May

This must be an English thing, Scottish schools have been off for a week now.

I wonder why they can't stagger the trips a bit? It doesn't necessarily have to be the end of term, we did a Flamingo Land trip in May

The schools round here tend to wait until July for trips, although you're right when he was in middle school the "well done for getting through sats week" reward trip was done in May.

This year they've gone one batter though, not only did they get to experience Thorpe on the hottest day of the year, but they have a "team building" exercise this week, oh joy.

Oh my, its rammed in the park today:

Enterprise - 20 mins
Rapids - 45 mins
Oblivion - 60 mins
Nemesis - 65 mins
Galactica - 70 mins
Rita - 80 mins
Spinball - 80 mins
Thirteen - 80 mins
Wicker Man - 80 mins
Smiler - 100 mins
And park close is 5pm! So, if you get in at 10am when it opens, you got 6 full hours in the park... say an hour (at least) per ride, and time for lunch, and walking to get to the rides, you will be lucky to get in 4 rides today.

Mad that they are not extending to at least 6pm today with queues like that. I guess they are expecting it to drop off by 4pm as the school trips start leaving but that's not much good for everyone else who is there.

:)

It's school trip season, those kind of queues are expected. Doesn't excuse the poor opening hours of course.

Oh my, its rammed in the park today:

Enterprise - 20 mins
Rapids - 45 mins
Oblivion - 60 mins
Nemesis - 65 mins
Galactica - 70 mins
Rita - 80 mins
Spinball - 80 mins
Thirteen - 80 mins
Wicker Man - 80 mins
Smiler - 100 mins
And park close is 5pm! So, if you get in at 10am when it opens, you got 6 full hours in the park... say an hour (at least) per ride, and time for lunch, and walking to get to the rides, you will be lucky to get in 4 rides today.
All the big rides are working..That's something at least