• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

I'm not sure why Towers let people outside the park use ridetimes, I'm pretty sure Thorpe doesn't?

Part of the reason for them removing Geofencing is because it was enforced by the app, anyone with basic programming knowledge could access the queue time feeds externally bypassing Geofencing. It's why there are dozens of apps and sites with queue times feeding directly of the official app backends.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Part of the reason for them removing Geofencing is because it was enforced by the app, anyone with basic programming knowledge could access the queue time feeds externally bypassing Geofencing. It's why there are dozens of apps and sites with queue times feeding directly of the official app backends.

Plus both are officially available via their own websites so no point locking it down either via the app.
https://www.chessington.com/plan/today-at-chessington.aspx

https://www.legolandqbot.co.uk/#/rides

I preferred it when the queue times were listed in the queue lines back in the 90’s. It said all along the queue how long was left to ride time. On posts it said queue is 60,45,30 and 15 mins from this point.
Problem with that now is super inconsistency in operations.

I'm not convinced Ridetimes can accurately take that into account either.

Fastrack and RAP are big barriers to close to accurate queue guesstimates.
Which is a compounding problem because where do ride hosts get the current queue time to write on RAP cards?
Either the ridetimes website or the electronic sign at the ride entrance which is now fed directly from ridetimes.co.uk!