• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Park Operations & Ride Availability

My partner was there yesterday. He said that he heard some sort of announcement on Nemesis. We worked through a process of Elimination and then It was quiet for two hours.

Oh dear, this seems to be much the norm this season :rolleyes:

uTLmGWr.png

They really do need to sort out this failing park

Feel like all hope has really been lost with this park. This is least excited I’ve been about a season since I first went in 2009 and that’s even with Wicker Man opening, much more excited about my visit to BPB this Friday

This is the first season where I have started to lose complete faith in the park; the number of visits I have made has fallen significantly despite the fact that there is a new coaster that I actually really like.

2018 will be the first year where I have spent more days at theme parks outside of the UK than at Alton Towers (at least I think it will be the first).

:)

I'm actually starting to consider not renewing my pass this year. I have thought it in the past but then renewed, but this year has been the worst in all of the 25 years I have visited.

Edit : interestingly - if you recall, yesterday the queue times were horrific, yet the park still closed at 5pm. If you look through their Twitter feed, most comments are about how little rides people have got on, and where can people buy fast track. Some are asking if the close time can be extended.

Anyone else also noticed that the number of tweets they are replying to has significantly dropped lately? I sent 2 on the weekend about how poor loading was on the Rapids and RMT not opening until 11, neither got any response.

Last edited:
I'm actually starting to consider not renewing my pass this year. I have thought it in the past but then renewed, but this year has been the worst in all of the 25 years I have visited.

Edit : interestingly - if you recall, yesterday the queue times were horrific, yet the park still closed at 5pm. If you look through their Twitter feed, most comments are about how little rides people have got on, and where can people buy fast track. Some are asking if the close time can be extended.

Anyone else also noticed that the number of tweets they are replying to has significantly dropped lately? I sent 2 on the weekend about how poor loading was on the Rapids and RMT not opening until 11, neither got any response.

Park opening was extended to 17:30 yesterday before lunch time, badly advertised and the person replying to twitter was unaware.

I noticed recently they seem to be less responsive on their Facebook posts. There are lots of posts on their wall and they seem to be going unanswered. It's not something I check very often, but I'm sure they used to reply to pretty much everything.

I noticed recently they seem to be less responsive on their Facebook posts. There are lots of posts on their wall and they seem to be going unanswered. It's not something I check very often, but I'm sure they used to reply to pretty much everything.

Yes they did - maybe they are not responding as much as they cannot keep up with all the complaints flooding in.

Yes they did - maybe they are not responding as much as they cannot keep up with all the complaints flooding in.
You think towers are bad?
Towards the start of the season I messaged Thorpe Park 2 weeks prior to my trip with a query and it was a week after the trip they responded.

Even now towers typically respond within a week.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

No that means back of the queue for you and you’ll get sent to the wonderful VIP team who’ll then send you back to TP as they “aren’t based on site” :rolleyes:
Possibly, I know at towers RBO any VIP pass issues needs a manager to approve for some reason.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk