• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Haha, you're not wrong! I like the vibe it gives off though. It's quite fast and upbeat but it still has a subtle sinister undertone if you take the rumoured theme to be true. I can't wait to check out the welcoming for myself in a couple of weeks to hear it in person.

Maybe the huge theming object is a wicker statue of Bill Oddie! :eek::p:D

I agree, its suitably upbeat and 'happy'. Towersstreet on Twitter said it's more sinister in the maze itself though.

I'm there a week on Sunday, really looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Maybe the huge theming opbject is a wicker statue of Bill Oddie! :eek::p:D

I agree, its suitably upbeat and 'happy'. Towersstreet on Twitter said it's more sinister in the maze itself though.

I'm there a week on Sunday, really looking forward to it!
That makes me even more excited. I love the idea of everything appearing to be happy from the outside, but look closer and things are much more sinister. If that's true then they have certainly taken inspiration from the wicker man.

I like the idea of it being sinister but also quite goofy or seemingly 'happy'. It's a very British thing and you can see that sorta vibe in a lot of rides around the country. I definitely prefer a sinister/happy theme combo rather than just a straight up scary/borderline depressing one.

I agree. I love Towers and they are more than capable of pulling off another "scary" ride in terms of theming, but a less direct approach could actually be more effective due to the extra thought that would be required to be put into the attraction to pull of the right feel

Are we to assume the background image on that website is a reference to the 'horns' that we've already seen on the main theming element?

2cmt7jo.jpg

Definitely seems to be something resembling them on either side.

Are we to assume the background image on that website is a reference to the 'horns' that we've already seen on the main theming element?

2cmt7jo.jpg

Definitely seems to be something resembling them on either side.
I was going to say that it looked more like claw marks on wood. Perhaps the large theming element is supposed to be an animated wooden sculpture brought to life in some cultist ritual or something?

Please tell me that is fake lol
It's not. Loads of parks do it to offer a bit of merch that is more sentimental to people who love the ride. Although normally this kind of stuff is sold after a ride is re-tracked. I'm pretty sure the grand national or big dipper had the same treatment not too long ago

Does anyone else think that The Welcoming could possibly be the ride's name? I'm only thinking that because the website is now called thewelcoming.co.uk and the maze is officially called The Welcoming: Be Chosen, possibly implying that the maze could be the choosing process for The Welcoming ride? Or am I just massively overthinking this?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.