• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’ve been quiet of late and have been looking in on conversations rather than adding to them so here is my thoughts on Claudia Winkleman.

If you look on Google maps there is a image of half of the track inside the station from above before it was closed in, looking at this it’s very tight in there so I suspect the loading / unloading could take place on the end of the final break run, there is also quite a difference in height between the entrance and the exit of the station, could there be a surprise in there right under our noses?
There hasn’t been a off the shelf SW yet so I’m thinking there has to be something special about this ride considering the cost, fire and effects are not that expensive.
Also I’ve seen a lot of comments about how short the ride is, yes compared to Smiler but Nemisis and Oblivion? They are hardly 10 Miles long either.

I think AT have learnt a lot from the Smiler though as this ride has been finished and tested well in time for the season start, I hope they don’t do a TVAM publicity stunt or a POV, I’d like to ride it first before giving any judgement on it.

Probably one for the F&B topic, but did anyone spot on the photos someone took there were Burger Kitchen signs saying to visit Cloud Cuckoo Land - does that mean that not only is the Smokehouse isn't coming but also the BK is closed too.

Literally no food offerings next to the new ride....

Probably one for the F&B topic, but did anyone spot on the photos someone took there were Burger Kitchen signs saying to visit Cloud Cuckoo Land - does that mean that not only is the Smokehouse isn't coming but also the BK is closed too.

I don't think it was open last year either

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Those signs were there last year, I would assume that the F&B staff just haven't had access to that area yet to sort it out.

Since Mutiny Bay's BK was closed last year and rumours have pointed to Valley's being closed this year i would assume they will essentially be just moving the staff allocation to the busier area of the park.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just found out that RCDB has some incorrect information on the site. It says that Wicker Man is based of the 1973 film of the same name and was designed by Jeff Pike... :confused:

Jeff Pike is President and Partner of Skyline Attractions and previously worked as Vice President of Sales and Design at GCI. Skyline Design, part of Skyline Attractions, have helped to design several more recent GCIs therefore it is likely that Jeff Pike has been involved in Wicker Man.

RCDB is obviously mistaken when it comes to the link to the film.

And @ihaveaspergers - RCDB is edited internally by their own team.

:)

I thought they had someone at MMM designing layouts? It was Andrew Porter who designed Oblivion:TBH, the last major Merlin coaster. So I assumed he has designed the layout.

Last edited:
I thought they had someone at MMM designing layouts? It was John Burton who designed Oblivion:TBH, the last major Merlin coaster. So I assumed he has designed the layout.
Not sure where you got this from, John Burton didn't work for Merlin when Oblivion 2 opened.

Also I'm sure it's a consortium that comes up with the layout or at least a varied process. The MMM 'lead creative' directors most likely work on seeing the creative side of the project through to completion, the interface between design and construction.

For any coaster project, the manufacturer will always design the final product. That is not to say that others do not have an influence on the design process.

:)

Not sure where you got this from, John Burton didn't work for Merlin when Oblivion 2 opened.

Also I'm sure it's a consortium that comes up with the layout or at least a varied process. The MMM 'lead creative' directors most likely work on seeing the creative side of the project through to completion, the interface between design and construction.
Oops I meant the wrong person... :oops: It was actually Andrew Porter.

And I got my evidence from here.

EDIT: Turns out Andrew Porter is also the guy who is responsible for designing the mazes for Burton's Screamfest. Eg Slasher and Demonica.

There is an A&Q page for the Wickerman

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000114352-New-for-2018-Wicker-Man

Worlds first rollercoaster is mentioned here

Wicker Man features state of the art special effects, including real and faux flames, to create the world’s first rollercoaster fusing wood and fire.

The combination of real fire and special effects will trick the senses, creating the illusion of real fire whilst offering a completely safe experience.

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000475511-Does-it-use-Is-it-real-fire-

Looks like they are re-theming Mutiny bay to Mutiny Bar :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wicker Man is situated within the theme park on the site of the Resort’s former Log Flume in Mutiny Bar.

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000469912-Where-is-Wicker-Man-situated-

One of the questions is "will there be Fast Track available?", and this is towers' response:

There are no immediate plans for a Fast Track pass to be available for Wicker Man.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.