• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The thing is, if this was next year, I wouldn't be this negative but its obvious that this is just a cynical cash grab. I bet some of those off cuts have never even been on site until now!
For all we know, those offcuts are a few spare beams from the queueline shop!

Next year, take some wood off of the built and working ride, and I would love to have a bit (not for £25 mind you)

I have a skip full of old wood, I can quiet easily knock one up for nothing ;)

(Don't forget these cost £20 with pass holders discount ;))

For comparative purposes, my Big One running wheel was sixty quid, and looks great with a clock in the axle hole.
And to think I got the National winning post for free!

For merch collectors I think it's a nice little thing to buy. £25 seems a little too much, but it's hard to judge without seeing what quality you're getting for that price.

A certificate of authenticy would have been nice to have gone with each piece.

Everyone's probably already seen this but here's the queueline audio for The Welcoming.
Could be an indication of SW8'S soundtrack, which would be cool since it's giving VIBES of a lighter take on the Wicker Man theme.
If Mutiny Bay was rethemed to 'Alton Village', this would make great area music!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

For merch collectors I think it's a nice little thing to buy. £25 seems a little too much, but it's hard to judge without seeing what quality you're getting for that price.

A certificate of authenticy would have been nice to have gone with each piece.
If Mutiny Bay was rethemed to 'Alton Village', this would make great area music!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I really like the idea of it being called something along the lines of Alton village - it would flow very nicely on from Towers street with the theme changing the further away you get :)

I think there is a chane of a retheme of Mutiny Bay next year, Similar to how UG Land was transformed into Dark Forest or Transylvania to Wild Woods.

If there was a retheme I can see flags added (similar to the ones in The Welcoming) around the area with bits of Pagan related theming scatered around and a backstory explaining how Mutiny Bay has been taken over back from the pirates.

Even if Mutiny Bay doesn't receive a retheme, Let's look on the bright side, At least it won't be an area with an abandoned race track dominated by a large Gothic building with various random bits of rockwork.

Have the park changed their minds about whether the ride is in Gloomy Wood or not on the Scarefest map? Or have they still not made their minds up?

SW8 Offcuts are going to be sold at Towers Trading!

91131896-0475-49_AA-_BF66-07838_B2557_E5.jpg

Credit Theme Park Guide (AKA KingNemesis)
I need to get one on my next visit.
Does anyone else think that The Welcoming could possibly be the ride's name? I'm only thinking that because the website is now called thewelcoming.co.uk and the maze is officially called The Welcoming: Be Chosen, possibly implying that the maze could be the choosing process for The Welcoming ride? Or am I just massively overthinking this?
I the welcoming might be the name of the procces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd post in here that the actors in The Welcoming (which is amazing and very graphic) kept referring to "The Ram"

Having seen it from only a few metres away, it's hard to imagine it'd be anything else. The horns look more curved and less outstretched than those of a typical Baphomet depiction and of those seen on the plans. But they definitely are 100% sheep like horns, most of one of the horns was almost completely uncovered and I believe TPWW have a picture showing this from a further distance away on their FB page.

Putting that together with what we know already about the theme, I think it's almost guaranteed to be a giant wicker Baphomet type creature with satanic like worship.

I'm also starting to doubt that it will actually be called "Wickerman"

I did say this a month ago you know! I know what I saw just meters away and that's 100% sheep/goat/ram like horns.

Have the park changed their minds about whether the ride is in Gloomy Wood or not on the Scarefest map? Or have they still not made their minds up?

They haven't sorted rides into themed areas on the map. It was sorted by thrill etc

For comparative purposes, my Big One running wheel was sixty quid, and looks great with a clock in the axle hole.
And to think I got the National winning post for free!
I have a Super Wirble running wheel.

I use it as a large centerpiece ashtray for special occasions.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.