• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

This is now veering away from dungeons to a more general discussion about hope enthusiasts produce content.

If you'd like to discuss that, feel free to create a separate content but let's get back to the Alton Towers Dungeon in here please :)

Ill hold my hands up and say ive never been or felt the urge to go to a dungeon. It seems to me they are a touristy gimick that is just about making a cheap buck.

For a country that has 100s of castles and historical places it seems very tacky. The video i watched from TPWW made me think of a rubbish funhouse or ghost train. The towers are behind them yet they choose to put it in a tin shead.

Im all for historical experiences (im currently working on one bringing it into the 2000's by adding smell's, projection mapping etc) but from what i understand this is just a clone with a few tweeks to local stuff. So am i right in saying once you have done one you have done them all?

They invite vlog’s as it’s free advertising as they post on YouTube then it’s shared on FB and other social media sites and forums and Merlin don’t have to do anything.

yep, all Dungeons are the same, only need to do one, unless you have an hour of your life you dont need, and can get in free with a MAP :confused:

Thought so. I try and not support merlin anymore so pay and visit their attractions as little as possible. Its always vouchers etc. Last full attraction was ba Brighton. Is that included now in a merlin ap?

Thought so. I try and not support merlin anymore so pay and visit their attractions as little as possible. Its always vouchers etc. Last full attraction was ba Brighton. Is that included now in a merlin ap?

BA i360 Brighton isn’t a Merlin attraction so you didn’t give them any money :D

After watching Shawn’s video on the dungeon if the boat ride layout is still the same and the lifts are still there unused then have they build these rooms in the old party room area of toyland tours?

After watching Shawn’s video on the dungeon if the boat ride layout is still the same and the lifts are still there unused then have they build these rooms in the old party room area of toyland tours?

It’s difficult to say exactly as there is actually a bit of unusused space in the building from the rearranging of each iteration of attraction the building has housed. I suspect the Judge is in the old indoor queue of Charlie then the rest of the scenes are in the old pre-lift waiting area and party room.

Pretty much in line with my expectation. The sets were perhaps more sparse than some of the midway versions.

The Black River is very black. Quite surprised how graphic some of the sets were in there - quite a different tone to the rest of the experience.

I'll let someone else do the bashing.

Pretty much in line with my expectation. The sets were perhaps more sparse than some of the midway versions.

The Black River is very black. Quite surprised how graphic some of the sets were in there - quite a different tone to the rest of the experience.

I'll let someone else do the bashing.
Interesting to hear! Did you enjoy the attraction, out of interest?

Also, could you please elaborate on what you said about the Black River being very black, if you wouldn't mind? Do you mean black as in dark in tone, or black as in there's no theming?

Interesting to hear! Did you enjoy the attraction, out of interest?

Also, could you please elaborate on what you said about the Black River being very black, if you wouldn't mind? Do you mean black as in dark in tone, or black as in there's no theming?
One bit of the black River is someone getting sawed from genitals to head.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

One bit of the black River is someone getting sawed from genitals to head.

Oh my; that really is quite graphic! I'm surprised by that; I was under the impression that the Dungeons attractions were becoming less gory and more family-friendly?

Oh my; that really is quite graphic! I'm surprised by that; I was under the impression that the Dungeons attractions were becoming less gory and more family-friendly?
There wasn't any visible genitals but still.

Pretty much in line with my expectation
Sounds like you were royally entertained Rick!

I'll give it a spin when I visit out of interest to see what theyve done with the dark ride. Tried to avoid it, but from the glimpses Ive seen it seems like Alton Towers Ents have really tried to make the best of a bad idea and make it their own which is really nice to see.

Has anything been put online about the Black River, out of interest? I was under the impression that "no flashy or talky boxes" were allowed in the Dungeon.

TowersStreet Facebook has posted a video of the completed exterior on Facebook:

Looks very nice; a noticeable improvement on John Lewis weekend! I really like all of the little details they've put in!

Now all I'd kind of like to know is what the Black River entails!