• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Before it closed it was around £25 for high ropes. Merlin pass holders got 20% discount.

Let’s see what the new prices are compared to those.

Compared to Center Parcs, that is quite cheap! We paid £34 each for their Aerial Adventure course at Longleat back in May. Big difference is the zip-wire at the end - the Longleat (& a few other Center Parcs ones) take you all the way over the watersports lake.

Even so, it is good to see SBNO attractions (even if pay-extra) ones at Towers re-opening. Just hope they keep Treetop Quest open beyond park hours / possibly into the evening on peak days in the summer when daylight hours are long. This would give day guests a +1 to do if they wanted and something for hotel / village / pig-shed guests too.

Compared to Center Parcs, that is quite cheap! We paid £34 each for their Aerial Adventure course at Longleat back in May. Big difference is the zip-wire at the end - the Longleat (& a few other Center Parcs ones) take you all the way over the watersports lake.

Even so, it is good to see SBNO attractions (even if pay-extra) ones at Towers re-opening. Just hope they keep Treetop Quest open beyond park hours / possibly into the evening on peak days in the summer when daylight hours are long. This would give day guests a +1 to do if they wanted and something for hotel / village / pig-shed guests too.
Considering who owns center PARC's Altons having been cheap might become ironic in a few months.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

somehow nemesis has the longest queue on the park, at 90 mins! I assume it's on 1 train then

It's currently showing as 60mins....

...Either it was a typo which has now been corrected because someone hit the 9 instead of the 6 and or you are looking at it upside down o_O

Two things you need to know

1. It's school trip season...

...so expect long queues regardless on how many trains are on

2. Ride times are gesstimates, don't ever expect them to be right....

...usually over estimated to aid the sale of farce tracks o_O

The only people to estimate queues would be ride-staff, they have zero reason to want to sell fastrack.
Pressure from management, down to team leaders and then down to ride staff?

Not saying this is the case, as AT queue times are generally pretty accurate but could be a possibility for other Merlin attractions.

Pressure from management, down to team leaders and then down to ride staff?

Not saying this is the case, as AT queue times are generally pretty accurate but could be a possibility for other Merlin attractions.
Chessington particularly are awful at overestimating especially on the family rides like Gruffalo and Zufari. Alton from my experience is usualy accurate to 10 mins ish if there are no ride issues

A few Scarefests ago, I went to The Smiler at about 8.55pm and the staff member at the entrance said it was at least 2hrs. The queue was just at the end of the final cattle pen bit directly outside the door into the indoor queue so we knew it was nowhere near that. We took our chances and was out within 30 minutes. So they do inflate times occasionally. But to be honest, after a 12 hour day I don't blame them!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.