• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nemesis has been down all day and was also showing as unavailable on the ride times website this morning before the park open. I wonder what's up with Nemmy?

Nemesis has been down all day and was also showing as unavailable on the ride times website this morning before the park open. I wonder what's up with Nemmy?

Odd. It was open yesterday without an issue as far as I can tell.

What’s the longest it’s been down for in the past does anyone remember? Touch wood I’ve never visited the park when Nemesis has been closed.

Had a quick look around by nemesis. Couldn't see anything going on.

Sky ride didnt open today at all. They said it was because it was gonna be hot.

Last edited:
Good day at towers. Got on decent amount of rides for saying the park was very busy. Wicker man, galactica and oblivion closed on and off throughout the day and nemesis didn't open at all...
So ye not great in terms of reliability however good day nonetheless. Smiler didn't go down once and on a day like today, where it's busy and other rides are breaking down, it managed with the crowds very well. Great operations on there

However, the staff member working on the entrance to the smiler told me today that they only operate the SRQ if the main queue is over 1hr. Stupid that is

Good day at towers. Got on decent amount of rides for saying the park was very busy. Wicker man, galactica and oblivion closed on and off throughout the day and nemesis didn't open at all...
So ye not great in terms of reliability however good day nonetheless. Smiler didn't go down once and on a day like today, where it's busy and other rides are breaking down, it managed with the crowds very well. Great operations on there

The Smiler has been great all year, top notch operations and a great crew. Was good last year too. Don't want to tempt fate but it must be the most reliable coaster on the park these days.

Slightly concerning about the SRQ though, i go with a mate who won't ride it and it's always good to pop on for a quick ride.

Having said that though, last time i was there the SRQ was halfway down the stairs and it took 30 minutes. Pehaps they're saying that to stop abuse or something.

Pehaps they're saying that to stop abuse or something.
Ye that's the problem. I can understand tbh why they took it off the rides last year cus people just abused the system which made it pointless. A lot of people saw it as free fastrack, which meant many used it and the queue in SRQ built up often. It was designed for SINGLE RIDERS not groups to split up

Ye that's the problem. I can understand tbh why they took it off the rides last year cus people just abused the system which made it pointless. A lot of people saw it as free fastrack, which meant many used it and the queue in SRQ built up often. It was designed for SINGLE RIDERS not groups to split up

Hashtag, just sayin’

xF6XlIB.jpg

YpPEG5N.jpg

What absolute nonsense. It's a queue for anybody willing to fill an empty seat.

Regarding the sign above and what we understand a Single rider queue to be - am i right in saying the sign put up this year say "Single riders only?" - so perhaps after they removed these queues for abuse before last season, they've now changed the definition to ACTUAL single riders only.

In which case groups of people going on is now seen as abuse.

Do we actually know this, or is it just "board wisdom"?

It was part of removing the merge point and baggage, so although no one at Towers fessed up to the reasoning it was fairly obvious why it went. All the SRQ’s that requires an extra staff member to operate where cut.

SRQ has been removed from Nemesis, Air, Rita, Thirteen, Spinball and Oblivion in addition to the 1 year break on Smiler.

Smiler and Thirteen SRQs were removed when the bag rooms closed, as they needed fastrack to go straight to the station which left no room for SRQ. This was clearly cost cutting to reduce staffing on these rides.

Nemesis lost SRQ as, due to poor implementation, it reduced the overall throughput of the ride by about 3 trains per hour. Clearly this defeats the entire point - a few people benefitted but most were worse off (and unlike fastrack, there's no profit in it either).

Rita SRQ was basically useless as it was almost always at least as long as the main queue, no loss there. These days they need the fastrack queue capacity, SRQ seems highly unlikely to return here.

Air SRQ closed when it became Galactica as, like Smiler/Thirteen, fastrack was directed straight to the station. This was probably due to the reduced capacity which meant a long wait even from the original merge point (I'm guessing here, it's not cost-cutting though as the old merge point was still staffed). They could probably bring SRQ back if they wanted to, though it would require the merge host to at least try to send odd numbered groups to the correct station.

This just leaves Oblivion and Spinball. In both cases, there is no obvious cost saving in removing SRQ. My best guess is that they just made a decision to remove SRQ from the whole park as it coincided with the removal of SRQ from Smiler and Thirteen. Spinball's was repurposed for fastrack, but there's no real reason why the old fastrack queue couldn't be used for SRQ - it's certainly big enough as you'd be waiting ages if it were full. Spinball's SRQ was supposed to be returning but I've not seen any evidence of it ever happening, meanwhile Oblivion's could return right now if they wanted it to.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.