• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’d love them to replace where Ripsaw was with another topspin but floorless. I know this is 99% never going to happen because I doubt they’d invest in a replacement ride when they could get something they’ve never had at the park. Not that I have any faith they’d even add another flat ride anyway when they can replace it with a game :fearscream:

It'd be cool for Alton to invoke some nostalgia and reimagine (hate that word) some flat rides of the past, with updated versions of rides now gone. Ripsaw Reloaded, etc.

Cedar Fair and Six Flags have both done this after going coaster crazy for a couple of decades. The former even went as far as buying various classic flats from Europe and shipping them back to the states to be refurbed.

Culturally, I think that's way off Merlin's way of thinking, but I think it would be interesting.

There's definitely money to be made in nostalgia.

There's definitely money to be made in nostalgia.
Why not just because (most) its old flats were good and fun? If its a good thrilling ride I dont think people would be busy feelin' nostalgic, theyd be enjoying it!

The park has many reasons to have more flat rides and plug the holes left by Ripsaw, etc. If that means an updated and improved version of what worked well before then sounds good to me, as long as its fun

Why not just because (most) its old flats were good and fun? If its a good thrilling ride I dont think people would be busy feelin' nostalgic, theyd be enjoying it!
I think people are nostalgic toward brands and the like and can be a good way in - particularly for rides that are hard to market and if you market them too well you end up with heinous capacity issues.

Take this example, people are going to buy them to feel nostalgic, but they'll eat them because they taste good.

The park has many reasons to have more flat rides and plug the holes left by Ripsaw, etc. If that means an updated and improved version of what worked well before then sounds good to me, as long as its fun
Bingo.

Well if blade is down for scarefeast they are in trouble especially if galactica or nemisis goes down! What is left for anyone below 1.4 m in forbidden valley? And for people who want something instead of a rollercoaster which doesn't cost more money?

Well if blade is down for scarefeast they are in trouble especially if galactica or nemisis goes down! What is left for anyone below 1.4 m in forbidden valley? And for people who want something instead of a rollercoaster which doesn't cost more money?
They just won't go in that area I guess. Tbh I never ride blade anyway so doesn't bother me if it stays or goes

New Cricket game outside Hex...

IMG-20190921-114204.jpg

Should have been 6pm or later last Saturday but management had better things to be doing!

Sept used to be a dead time at Towers but not anymore. Even on weekdays it’s been busy, still 4pm closes though.

Should have been 6pm or later last Saturday but management had better things to be doing!

Sept used to be a dead time at Towers but not anymore. Even on weekdays it’s been busy, still 4pm closes though.
A lot of it comes down to poor operations too. How is oblivion getting an 1hr queue, it's clearly on 1 station

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.