• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Coming soon. Showers of the Towers.

An exclusive chance for Stargazing guests to share their magical experiences of the fantastical toilet block on twitter.

#showersofthetowers #clutchingatstraws #freshoutofideas
That was an app called rate the toilet. There is also a rate function on where is public toilets app.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Also coming soon, Towels of the Towers.

Floss with comfort with our soft white towels* when living with the pigs. Only £10 *Must wash after use with the on-site mangle.

Coming soon. Showers of the Towers.

An exclusive chance for Stargazing guests to share their magical experiences of the fantastical toilet block on twitter.

#showersofthetowers #clutchingatstraws #freshoutofideas
I thought it would be #BowelsOfTheTowers

I thought it would be #BowelsOfTheTowers

giphy.gif

Does anyone know what the total capacity of the rides at alton towers is? In terms of pph, realistic or theoretical.

Just curious.
Not sure about anything else, but on an average day the coasters would be pulling roughly:

Nemesis: 1100pph
Thirteen, Wicker Man & Oblivion: 1000pph
Rita: 850pph
Galactica & The Smiler: 750pph
Spinball Whizzer: 600pph
Runaway Mine Train: 550pph

The Rapids probably should be around 1600pph as well, but if its running like it was season, it'll be a fair way under that.

I would be interested to know how much it costs on a daily basis to operate each ride. The budget would have to include : staffing, energy costs to dispatch the ride and a maintenance contingency and I guess those bean counters must have a formula. I would imagine galactica, Rita and smiler would be most expensive. Anyone have any insight?

I'd imagine that Wicker Man is certainly up there, what with all of its effects!

In terms of non-coaster rides, I don't know whether I'm right or not, but I'd certainly guess that the 7 rides they shut in 2016 would have been up there.

I would imagine galactica, Rita and smiler would be most expensive. Anyone have any insight?
It's almost certainly the rapids, as far as I learnt rapids in any park takes up an enormous electrical demand to run multiple (big) pumps continuously through the day

Also I reckon the only significant cost of Wicker man's effects will be its flames, maybe water consumption too but it's not as much as Nemesis' waterfalls I dont think.

Also I reckon the only significant cost of Wicker man's effects will be its flames, maybe water consumption too but it's not as much as Nemesis' waterfalls I dont think.

Nemesis waterfalls is a closed loop circuit.

I hear it on good authority that single riders are returning on

The Smiler
Oblivion
Spinball Whizzer.

The social media team don't know their a*** from their elbow.

:)
Fantastic news if true.

Wonder why they didn't include Th13teen, worked really well on that ride. Perhaps Smiler is getting its baggage and merge point back but Th13teen is not.

It worked really well on all the rides
Some better than others. Was great on Th13teen, the ride has fast dispatches so SRQ keeps moving and the setup of station means it doesn't slow the dispatches.

Problem with Nemesis was that the station setup meant that dispatches were often delayed due to SRQ, Rita's problem was that dispatches were/are so slow that the SRQ barely moved and often took as long as the main queue.

Fantastic news if true; well done Towers! See, guys; I said that the cuts would be at least partially reversed if the park did well this year! All you need is a little faith!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.