• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

I'd been told of the size before now, but seeing it actually put against a map is something else. Smaller than Aquatica but am I correct in thinking the biggest in Europe?

The arcticle from LiamC's post talks of 35 ha. Earlier other information talked about 40 ha for the size of the planed water park. So the size for the waterpark is nearly twice the size of phantasialand!

1 ha equals 10.000 m².

It will be one of the biggest water parks in europe.

Its scary how big the water park is, considering it is not really going to be usable in the colder months. I am assuming it is out doors anyway :)

Another exciting project to watch and see how it develops.

Ian

It certainly looks like it's going to be massive. Very exciting!

:)

That's massive! About the same size as the actual park, for crying out loud! This is definately going to need a new monorail. I'd like to see one that stops at Tipidorf, resort hotels, park entrance, and waterpark entrance.

Knowing Europa Park and Germany in general, I would be very surpised if there wasn't a new transport system to accommodate the water park.

I can tell by the size alone that this is going to be amazing! :D

As far as I know, longer term plans for a Monorail are afoot but whether that will be immediately, who knows.

It's 20% bigger than Phantasialand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Very interesting, to think about the future implications for EP's transport infrastructure.

Excuse the shoddy Paint drawing.

BJEbOe4.jpg

In red is the current EP-Express and in blue, the area of the new waterpark.

If you're extending the monorail, or creating a new spur line, all the way to the waterpark then why not go further?

If you're extending it to the waterpark, then it'd be silly not to extend it to Ringsheim station at the same time and bridge the last 'missing link' between the park and Europe's public transport system. :)

The green line is my new proposed route for the EP-Express.

So much farm land to the south of the park, you hope they expand there, or thats where the high speed train goes directly to, although Sams idea above about linking the monorail to Ringsheim station is a good idea, and considering the investment and changes in road structure around EP, is more likely to happen than Alton Towers fixing the road in to the car parks.

Ian

Sorry, back on the crappy Paint skills.

XZYnttZ.jpg

Although maybe not as annoyed as the residents of Alton, I'm sure the people of Rust would prefer there not to be thousands of cars driving in and out of their village every day. If they did extend the EP-Express, they could move the parking closer to the motorway and out of Rust. :)

Better painting skills than mine, and another good suggestion. One thing is certain, following what EP does over the next 3 years is going to be very exciting.

Ian

That's a very interesting concept. Though I would say it needs to be a seperate system to the internal EP Express. Monorails are not cheap (though cheaper than real rail by a long shot). But lets face it, if any park on earth would ever do this, it's be EP! :p

Not plausible.

The damage to local environments would be considerable.

The EP Express doesn't need linking to Ringsheim in the medium term. Trains run only hourly and there's a bus service linked to every service as it is, which is cheap and perfectly satisfactory.

They have also only recently spent € millions on the lane controls for access to/from the main car parks, which I imagine will serve well for years to come.

Cars coming from the A5 are not impacting on the village as the road was only added in the 1990s to avoid any congestion in the village.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have separated this topic from the Europa-Park 2013 discussion topic, as this development is likely to be a subject of much discussion over the next 3 years, as we move towards the opening which is touted for 2016 or 2017.

epfans.ch have posted what they think may be the beginning of ground preparation on the waterpark site. :)

1507068_684663481555309_185796044_n.jpg

I guess it could take over 2 years to build, so perhaps we are indeed on for 2016 opening?

Would then understand why 2015 is to be quite quiet.

More nerdy Rust news...

M6Jmvg8.jpg

From chris-space. How the town of Rust plans to expand over the next few years with new roads, a new kindergarten, new houses and of course, the waterpark!