• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

Give it 20 years or so and Rust will be completely surrounded by various Europa Park attractions! :p

Well they seem to be taken their inspiration from some absolutely massive parks around the world. Siam Park is often lauded as one of the most beautifully themed water parks in the world, with Tower of Power and The Dragon being beyond epic in terms of stand out theming elements. Wilderness is a resort that has eight (!) water parks over the in US, and Tropical Islands in Brandenburg is an old converted Zeppelin hangar which is now a massive indoor water park complete with a jungle and a beach you can camp on overnight.

Really exciting to see a mix of outdoor and indoor attractions though, and especially ones which are so unique and of a very high standard. Sure the outdoor side of things would be more seasonable, but there's been many a warm day when I've been over there where I'd love to see something like this outdoors.

Genuinely excited for this now we're starting to see presentations and the like crop up :D

I wonder which company they will use for the water rides, I would imagine proslide or white water west. Could be a mixture of both which has happened at some recent newly built water parks, so get the best of what both companies offer.

I hope they get some of these "new generation" water slides that we are seeing over in the states. I think it's Proslide that are coming out with some really good things and it would be great to see EP embrace this.

Whatever they do though it is really exciting. I think I'm looking forward to seeing what it will all look like in terms of theing and asthetics more than any rides that will be there.

:)

Do you guys think that it`s a big deal for a company like Mack Rides to build the needed slides themselves ? They clearly have lots of skills when it comes to modelling things from GFK, Polyerster or other plastic. I think compared to many other theme park attractions slides are "quite" simple.

My guess is that they`ll look carefully at what the market offers....and then build it themselves :)

I can't say that I know that much about the water park/slides industry but I'm not sure I can see Mack making their own. Of course they probably could, but it all depends if it makes market sense. Would other water parks come to Mack for water slides when there are already proven manufacturers out there? I'm not so sure. Also if some other manufacturers have patents on some of their more innovative concepts (I have no idea if they do or not) then it may not really make sense for Mack to enter the market.

All speculation of course!

Well...my idea was not that they build them for their own park to enter the slides market...but just to save some money by building them (themselves) instead of buying from another company !

Last edited:
If they don't intend to make a business out or building slides in the future then it makes sense to buy from another company rather than spend a lot of money on R&D and patent costs for a one off project

I think perhaps we may see something from the rides side of things, such as maybe a Twist and Splash which could easily fit into a water park. I don't think we'll see their own slides, although perhaps something along the lines of Wodan where they worked closely with GCI would be a more likely option.

I have always said the pool around Atlantica SuperSplash would make a great swimming pool!

Happy 65th birthday Roland Mack! :sunglasses:

According to this Badische Zeitung birthday profile on Roland, a second round of information about the water park will be released to Rust and Ringsheim residents in the next few days. Roland describes the bureaucracy of the project as "a nightmare."

The article also reveals that a new hotel will be built at the same time as the waterpark in close proximity to "the hall." Not sure what that means. Does it mean the waterpark itself? Can a German speaker please clarify this? :)

Even more interesting, the article seems to suggest that either Croatia or Romania are the frontrunners with Roland for the theme of the next new area. I'm surprised it hasn't been decided yet to be honest!

Romania! Ooh! Could be dark and sinister! Croatia would be very nice, too!

From my experience when a German piece of writing translates to 'hall' they tend to mean a building. For example, they often refer to the Colorado Adventure sheds and the old Silbermine warehouse as 'the halls'. So yes, I would guess that they mean the new hotel will be built very close to the main water park building itself.

Reactions: Sam
My knowledge of both Croatia and Romania is extremely limited so I can't picture at all what they could look like but I would have full faith in anything EP were to do!

Really looking forward to seeing more waterpark details though.

And will they ever add new attractions to the waterpark, or leave it as it is for over 10 years rendering it boring and stale??