• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
After years of rumours and management stating that they're concerned about the huge financial outlay required, it seems that the Europa-Park Water Park is finally on the table - and could be set for construction very soon, ready for a 2016 opening. Europa-Park themselves haven't made any announcements yet, it should be noted.

However, for the first time, Michael Mack (who, along with Thomas Mack are championing the water park) has been quoted in local press about the attraction as follows:

The Mack family thinks ahead - and will soon take the next big step, a step which has been pushed for a long time, especially with the younger Macks. 2016 they want to open up an adjacent property, a water park. "And this one, it will have never been seen in Europe," said Michael Mack. There will be many attractions that can be operated independently of the weather. He estimates the potential for additional 500,000-800,000 visitors per year.

Thoughts?

:)

That sounds brilliant, and would really complete the whole package for me!

Now, to sort out that DREADFUL theme park...

...Why didn't I think about a water park for EP? :S

Oh well, good news for them I guess.

Currywurst tbh. ;)
The thought of floating on a rubber ring, down an amazing lazy river, with an epic EP cocktail is rather exciting.

DiogoJ42 said:
Currywurst tbh. ;)
The thought of floating on a rubber ring, down an amazing lazy river, with an epic EP cocktail is rather exciting.
That sounds like a challenge to drink as much of the cocktail as possible before you get to the bottom. :p

Lazy rivers tend to be circular. Although you can have ring slides that have river-like sections. To me at least, I think of them as a continuous circuit.

Eh, fair enough.

Anyway, getting back on topic, this looks like it could well be brilliant, but they'll need to increase the hotel capacity in order to meet the undoubtedly increased gate figures.

Jonathan said:
Eh, fair enough.

Anyway, getting back on topic, this looks like it could well be brilliant, but they'll need to increase the hotel capacity in order to meet the undoubtedly increased gate figures.

Step forward the 6th hotel then...

Just need to add an entertainment district then now and that'll be it...

They still need a transport link between the main hotels and Tipidorf. Don't forget that ;)

Europa-Park have confirmed that they are working on a water park, although refused to commit to the 2016 opening date; stating that there were many hurdles to pass before the project would get off the ground - most notably the financial arrangements, which would dwarf even the largest investments ever made at the theme park.

AstroDan said:
Europa-Park have confirmed that they are working on a water park... most notably the financial arrangements, which would dwarf even the largest investments ever made at the theme park.

So that's why food and drink costs so much! :p

I'd love to see a water park, it would add something else that isn't easily accessible in the local area and help push the resort as more of a 'holiday'-type destination as opposed to just needing a couple of days.

There is an other newspaper report where mr. Mack said that the waterpark would have a size of 40ha ( 1ha = 10.000m²). One of the most popular waterparks in germany, the "Therme Erding" has a size of only 14.5 ha. So it's obvious that they will need a hotel there.

Topic split from 2013 Europa-Park topic, 16/11/13 by AstroDan

Looking beyond 2014, EP Fans have just posted a link to a brief article held on Park-Rust regarding their planned water park development planned for just outside Rust itself. The article can be seen here - Europa Park Water Park

The article speaks of a recent short meeting held with the park, planners and residents of the town and goes on to show where the park will be built and how big it will be.

Even though it's only a short article it's still very exciting :)

I would probably expect some form of expanded Monorail/alternative transportation to get there from the park/hotels as well...

That's a huge area as well...