2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

1. stealthyjim

stealthyjim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Montu
    Was massively overstated, we just had to wait for the next pre-show and were straight in (30 mins was stated). Distance markers on the floor in each section of the ride was easy to follow and still made for a very enjoyable Hex experience!

Ethan, skyscraper and Danscott22 like this.
  2. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    How were people spaced out in the vault?

3. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

I know these things take time and will be difficult but surely there's a new system for queue times they could make taking social distancing into consideration

4. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

Theoretically they could move the location of some of the beacons within the system (physically remaining where they are) so it's calculating with distancing.

Ethan likes this.
  5. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Looks like it is set to be another 7pm ride close today. Good to see the park having half decent opening hours for a change.

Matt N likes this.
  6. Ethan

I mean let's be honest most of us wouldn't stay til 7 when we can go back whenever

7. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Speak for yourself. Ride close at 7 means the queues actually become reasonable again at the end of the day and gives you the option of chilling (or drinking ;) ) during the peak of the day.

Islander, BarryZola, rob666 and 6 others like this.
  8. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    skyscraper likes this.
  9. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    The Sun is known to sensationalise to sell more copies, unless other newspapers also report this, I wouldn't say this is likely to happen.
    Edit: The Telegraph are also reporting it, I would say that they are generally more reliable.

skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  10. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Thing is though, most theme parks are wide open spaces, so social distancing is easier, and they all have restrictions in place. It wouldn't make sense to order them to close again.

jon81uk likes this.
  11. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    Some one smoking wacky baccy again? o_O

imanautie, monkeyboy, rob666 and 3 others like this.
  12. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Matt N likes this.
  13. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

Because the government implied they haven't yet decided what would be rolled back but something will.

14. Ethan

Why do they need to close in the first place? The cases have barely gone up why they being so dramatic. I swear this government

15. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

Can we ensure this is kept to Alton Towers General Discussion please? I know there's been stories about other things being pulled back to allow schools to open, bit at present the specifics are pure speculation. Unless anything is confirmed to affect Alton directly, please keep discussion about this to the Coronavirus topic. Thanks.

Islander, Ethan and skyscraper like this.
  16. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Because neither heat nor g force would cause you to pass out wearing a mask if it wouldn't cause you to pass out not wearing a mask.

Has anyone done Hex yet? How are they managing to keep it socially distant?

skyscraper likes this.
  17. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

Wouldn't be too upset if they had to close again myself (can't see it happening however). You have to book weeks in advance if you're a passholder and then if something unexpected comes up they won't even move your booking for you to another day in the week, on a weekday, even though there are still regular tickets available to purchase at full price.

Then you see the same annual passholder persons/people turning up several times a week who have obviously just booked loads and loads of days and no doubt have booked others just in-case they spontaneously want to turn up. Pathetic system which has been left wide-open to unfair use by unscrupulous passholders who are minded to do such things.

Basically it's made the point of having an annual pass 'almost' of no use to people who want to decide to go on a spontaneous trip in a few days or a weeks time. Good luck when it's time for the events as people will just book every single day and then decide afterwards which day to actually turn up on.

Not that I'm bitter about this or anything.

18. Ethan

There's nothing wrong with booking several dates if you actually turn up

Connor98, skyscraper and imanautie like this.
  19. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

On the face of it no, as they have an annual pass so they should in theory be able to go as much as they like. My non-evidence based suspicion however, is that some of these people who are turning up 3-4 times in a week to the same place when you've clearly had to book a couple of weeks in advance have probably block booked the whole week and then just turned up on the 3-4 that were convenient when it came to the time (therefore taking an allocated space for another passholder to use out of the system that someone else could have used). As I say, totally unfounded accusation but I've lived on this earth for 38 years and I have a good suspicion of what people are like.

Islander and skyscraper like this.
  20. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Disney seem to have a better approach with this (as always). You can cancel an annual pass prebook ticket up to 10am on the day.

Failing to cancel and being a no show blocks you out from booking again within the next 14 days and any bookings you did have for that time are cancelled.

jon81uk, Swarm Chris, ringo and 3 others like this.