• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The only 2 rides are spinball and rapids that single riders aren't allowed on. It's a shame for spinball as I most likely won't be able to go on it this season because I go on my own a lot

Someone said in another thread that single riders are not allowed on the Rapids at the moment due to Covid restrictions. If this is true does anyone know why? Just curious as it's strange.

I believe the ban on Rapids single riders is both a H&S and Covid issue combined.

Following the Drayton incident it makes sense to stop boats going out with only one person in, if someone was to fall in the water there is more chance of this going unnoticed if there is no one else in the boat to spot it and raise the alarm. In previous seasons this was easily rectified by grouping single riders in a boat with another party.

In the Covid world different groups cannot share boats, hence the ban on single riders.

Have single riders been permitted on Rumba Rapids this year then?

Perhaps Towers have been extra cautious due to the inevitable spot light that is still on them because of the Smiler.
I have been on Rumba Rapids solo twice this season

Have single riders been permitted on Rumba Rapids this year then?

Perhaps Towers have been extra cautious due to the inevitable spot light that is still on them because of the Smiler.
THORPE don't have rules prohibiting single riders across the resort, only on a few rides. Case in point one guest getting SWARM solo a couple of years ago.

A few clarifications from the park about food and drink, mainly affecting the hotels really like we thought, on park RCR, pizza pasta and woodcutters is table service only, the other outlets are all classed as take away.

Can only assume burger kitchen CCL is closed, or just take away or closed.

In the hotels it’s all table service (which it has been all season, except in splash where they randomly still serve you at the bar, but not a ignore) you must also be out the bar areas at 10pm, so early night for most!

All restaurants are table service already except flambos which will now have set menus and not buffet as they can’t do that easily I guess. No mention of breakfasts on the Q&A at the moment though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.