2020: General Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, 20th Nov 2019.

1. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Busy day with a 4pm close then. Not ideal.

skyscraper likes this.
  2. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

No idea what the numbers will be, they could well be capped low. But if people are making long-ish journeys it might not be worth it for 6 hours of ride time.

skyscraper likes this.
  3. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    "Thank you for your loyalty passholders. Here, have a 4pm close". Brilliant!

BeccaH, James, Swarm Chris and 6 others like this.
  4. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

Merlin - The gift that keeps taking away.

BeccaH, Swarm Chris, RoyJess and 2 others like this.
  5. Connor98

Connor98 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    That’s really not good. For myself I can justify 4pm closes as I live under and hour away, but for so many... they can not. A passholder Evening event would have been better in my opinion, I’d rather have 3-9 and get night rides than 10-4:tearsofjoy:...

Ethan, jon81uk and skyscraper like this.
  6. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

I've always wondered on off peak days why they don't open later, for example 3-9 instead of 10-4. People finish school/work 3-5 ish so surely more would turn up then

Connor98 likes this.
  7. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

People don't actually want to visit at those times most of the year. We think of a day out being in the day time. Also long drives home and getting back before bed etc. In the autumn the park does longer days as night rides and Halloween offers some novelty. Maybe the shifted hours would work this time of year, but I expect they would do 12-8 rather than just evening openings.

skyscraper likes this.
  8. Connor98

Connor98 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Hyperion
    I’m also sure that the park has restrictions on how many late nights they stay open due to local residents. We can only dream of a brighter future:rolleyes:

9. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

They don’t. That’s just a rumour that circulates that works in their favour in terms of having excuses for poor hours.

Ethan and Connor98 like this.
  10. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Matt N and skyscraper like this.
  11. Vik

Vik TowersStreet Member

I believe you can if person(s) is in your support bubble? And pretty sure you can if both people are from single households regardless of what tier you are in. Trouble is, everytime I try to read the legislation I get a different interpretation from it. I guess maybe it's meant to be ambiguous?

I also get the impression that not only could somebody who is from a higher tier who meets with someone from a lower tier be fined, but so could the person from the lower tier, even if they were unaware the person they were meeting was from a higher tier? Unless of course they were part of your support bubble, in which case fine....

Of course, the main way that anything like that could be detected is by people grassing others up.

12. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    My area could be upgraded to Tier 3 soon. Will be flipping livid if that happens and means I can't go on the 29th!
    In the FAQs it mentions about Dungeons tickets but not scare maze tickets, if the mazes are the same next year could they move our whole booking?

13. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Yes, standard exemptions apply. There's also nothing prohibiting travel between areas.
    I don't think that's the case. As long as you are complying with the tiered restrictions for the area you are in and the area you are from (whichever is higher) then you're fine.
    Well, if you're going on your own and not meeting others then it's legally allowed... although against the guidance.

Vik likes this.
  14. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I'm going with close family friends, technically my support bubble. Does that mean we'd be able to go even if we were Tier 3?
    One of the group is my Personal Assistant, so they're exempt anyway. If it was just us two we'd be fine, but we've got 3 others coming.

Last edited: 14th Oct 2020
  15. Rosie

Rosie TowersStreet Member

I believe your support bubble is one other household so as long as it only your household and theirs then yes. But as per the image above from AT themselves, they're advising to not visit if in tier 3 and to revalidate tickets for 2021.

16. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

and some of it comes down to personal decisions.

If you are only going as your own household (including a support bubble) and will be fewer than six in the park and distancing from others then you are meeting the general rules.
    But if you think that by going out you are increasing your chance of becoming infected or passing it on to others then you may wish to rethink.

Rosie likes this.
  17. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

Just had a look, and the opening times for the pass holder weekend are now showing 10-5, so it’s gone from 10-6 to 10-4 and now to 10-5

Ethan and ringo like this.
  18. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    How generous!

ringo and Connor98 like this.
  19. ringo

ringo TowersStreet Member

I don’t understand why they didn’t keep a later closing time, some people like rides in dark.

Wonder if the reduced hours are a sign of lack of demand or even lower capacity than first planned.

20. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

I'm wondering if it is based on demand. As much as it would be great to have Towers practically to yourself at 8.30pm along with a few other passholders, economically it probably just wouldn't be viable!

jon81uk and Ethan like this.