• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm in a position where I only get to visit AT once a year and it is the highlight of my year. I think I look forward to a day at Scarefest probably even more than Christmas Day and I am a huge Christmas nut. Sometimes we sneak in a second trip to AT, and one year we did both AT and Blackpool within a few weeks. So if an enthusiast is someone who visits or has visited a lot of parks, I'm probably more a general member of the public, but I'd like to think a general member of the public who likes reading about parks and rides and maybe takes them in a bit more than some.

However, I'm struggling to understand that list. I used to like the River Rapids, but in terms of "enjoyment" and "fun", I'd struggle to place it higher than any of the actual rides, even the Mine Train. I enjoy Hex far more, even if just for the theming and music. And Hex has got a lot more going for it than that. Maybe if you go on a hot day and you get soaked on the Rapids it might make it seem better but to me it's just something you do if there is nothing else with a short queue.

I love Galactica so much (still not used to it not being Air), so I'm offended on behalf of the ride. When I first went on it, wimp that I was, I was terrified having never experienced a ride like it or since, I can honestly say it's just the most amazing feeling on there. I can't understand how it's lower than Rita which really doesn't do very much at all. In fact I was so unimpressed with Rita, I've never been back on it since I first rode it however many years ago. I'm willing to give it another go, but I won't wait more than say 15 minutes, and the queues for that ride are usually massive so I've never bothered.

Pretty miffed about Thi3teen as well. I know it has mixed reviews from some, but we went to AT in October 2018, and didn't get on it once, and it completely spoiled the day for me. That drop inside (especially on the back row) honestly is worse than anything on the Smiler it terms of what it does to me (I don't scream on rides, but I tend to let out a little high pitched EEP at this point), and it's so much fun!

It is certainly interesting to see the differences of opinions there can be between enthusiasts and the GP, I don't think I realised it could be so varied. :)

Personal opinions are always entertaining.
Dirty dark secret.
Probably my best season on the Beach was riding the same coaster every Sunday morning.
Amazing banter with the staff, allowed to wait for my front seat...every last time.
Many extra days riding for an hour or so chatting with staff, sometimes playing hide and seek, rock paper scissors for a reride, even managers spotting a single rider on the front seat and sending me up for a reride.
Over a season as a whole, it was absolutely great, and a very fond lasting memory.
That ride is called infusion.

This is the issue with engagement being a measure of success on the social medias. You post stupidity, everyone tells you how wrong you are, you actually win.

I suspect is a list made using statistics and not having ever ridden anything. Because statistically, Rita looks better even though it's turd.

Engagement isn't also a metric that reflects the nature of a theme park business; numbers through a gate is. Ultimately their social channels are for communication. Some are more creative than others however at using it for alternative methods.

“If you start an argument on the internet, you’ve already lost.”

Quote I read on here I think on someone’s profile and it’s so true.

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I apologise if this needs to go somewhere else, but... has someone hacked into Alton Towers Almanac recently? Because I just went on there to look for stuff to do with the cross-valley woodie proposal and some of the material now on the homepage is... interesting, to say the least. Take a look: http://www.towersalmanac.com/

Makes you wonder why you'd still pay for the domain and hosting for a site you've not updated in six years.

Makes you wonder why you'd still pay for the domain and hosting for a site you've not updated in six years.
Some domain registars offer 10 year packages, they aren't recorded in the registry as 10 year so it's hard to tell, there's probably hosting providers doing the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Its a nostalgic thing I think! Can't blame them a lot of work went in to it.

On a seperate note I asked Alton towers to fire up the pagoda fountain the other day, those on Facebook can see it working. Looks amazing.

Nice if them to do that for me

Does anyone have an idea as to what the park capacity will be reduced to when it reopens? I think it'll be around 5,000 weekdays and 10,000 weekends. Don't know tho just guessing

Such power and influence @GaryH Great job.

Ask them to do something with the Air tunnel...

Does anyone have an idea as to what the park capacity will be reduced to when it reopens? I think it'll be around 5,000 weekdays and 10,000 weekends. Don't know tho just guessing
Why would it be less on some days than on others?

Surely if you are having to limit the capacity, you would limit it to the maximum allowed irrespective of whether it was a Tuesday or a Sunday. What have I missed?

If there is no system of time slots for rides or anything else, and it's a free-for-all as per normal, I can't see much beyond say 3,000 working.

Incidentally, they canned the early-November days because this was the sort of attendance they were getting. Assuming that was loss-making, then I am not sure how they will be able to proceed viably.

Also, I think the massive thing not really being considered is now many people will want to go under the described conditions, and in the current point in the pandemic. I can seriously see the numbers being in the hundreds on any given day, and I'd have to ask how viable that is.

Also, I think the massive thing not really being considered is now many people will want to go under the described conditions, and in the current point in the pandemic. I can seriously see the numbers being in the hundreds on any given day, and I'd have to ask how viable that is.
They will definitely have considered this, and has been discussed a lot on here.

Whilst no doubt a large number will think twice about visiting, they'll more than likely have enough visitors to keep things ticking over. People are cooped up, (rightly or wrongly) utterly fed up of lockdown, and want to go out and 'stretch' as soon as possible, even with the additional precautions in place.

You only have to look at the park Facebook pages and places like the MAP holders group to see that loads of people are clamouring to visit...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.