• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Isn't RAP effectively a virtual queue anyway?
Not if it's down the exit like Th13teen. I've seen people go down there before and the ride's exit literally leads out into the same place where the disabled people ride. Other rides like Smiler and Nemesis don't have this problem though.

Not exactly, rap at Alton works the opposite to the virtual queue systems being proposed, it's wait after not before.
And not all rides are timed out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
So it is a virtual queue then, regardless of whether you're waiting before or after. And to be honest with you, the system is going to have to change for everyone isn't it, so it's a case of adapt and overcome. :)

So it is a virtual queue then, regardless of whether you're waiting before or after. And to be honest with you, the system is going to have to change for everyone isn't it, so it's a case of adapt and overcome. :)
Technically yes it is, but not one that would be useful.
I don't expect major changes at Legoland due to how rap works there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If they make rides virtual queue only then most RAP users could use the main entrance. Wheelchair users would obviously use the accessible route, this is a potential issue with distancing on some rides so they'll have to work out how to implement that. Thirteen is probably the most problematic.

I don't believe the MAP holders are the demographic that is likely to make it viable, but if it's purely about loss-management then perhaps it will survive.

Let's assume the park gets to capacity, is there a ratio of passholders to paying guests where it doesn't make sense to operate if it's not met?
I think the supplementary spend of passholders is not insignificant, so that is a factor.

Additionally, with membership now being a significant slice, there will be opportunities for revenue by opening, whether people turn up, or not.

Regarding social distancing in cattle pen queues like the Smiler. It can still be done but just requires a bit more planning. The floor markers telling people where the stand need to be staggered so no one is directly next to someone in the queue on the other side of the fence.

Here is how Universal Studios Florida is dealing with it.

19k9ZLE.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding social distancing in cattle pen queues like the Smiler. It can still be done but just requires a bit more planning. The floor markers telling people where the stand need to be staggered so no one is directly next to someone in the queue on the other side of the fence.

Here is show Universal Studios Florida is dealing with it.

19k9ZLE.jpg
Well even with reduced capacity the queues are going to be horrendous. Rides like the smiler, Rita, Galactica and Th13teen have slow enough moving queues as it is, let alone only filling 1/2 the seats or less

Here is show Universal Studios Florida is dealing with it.

19k9ZLE.jpg
Regarding the Smiler, I'm sure they're not expecting normal queue lengths based on the fact they're limiting numbers of guests, so with this in mind, maybe with the way they can open and close areas of the queue line on busy days there probably is a configuration where most if not all cattle-penning can be avoided.

By queue length I mean the number of people not the physical length of the queue, which of course will be longer with 2m gaps

The queues should average out to take about the same length of time, what with less guests in the park and less ride capacity sort of cancelling each other out. Of course, I’d imagine it isn’t quite that simple, but in theory, it shouldn’t take any longer.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.