• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don't think so - everyone understood, but massively disagreed

Something I meant to add to the discussion as well... how many people outside enthusiast circles actually make a point of re-riding any ride multiple times a day? I know that whenever I've visited Thorpe or Towers with friends who have no deep interest in theme parks, there's never been any thoughts of re-riding.
Only group of people I can think off is ones where marketing are involved.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lots of younger guests want to reride the same bloody ride all day, especially after first riding it.
Been forced to do the mine train a dozen times with a ten year old.
Couldnt complain...no queue.

Reactions: Tom
Yep. Really poor effort from Towers. It's almost like hardly any of their staff give a damn about things these days, even the better paid ones who should be putting more effort in. Looks like Thorpe have absolutely put them to shame here. So many possibilities for great items always missed by Towers.
I don't think that's entirely fair, Thorpe are just selling nostalgia merchandise which is a belated idea from last year's 40th anniversary. All the park actually did for its 40th was even less than Alton, they put out a hoody and then pretended last minute that Bouncezilla was part of a 40th celebration (it wasn't).

There was barely any real acknowledgement on the day, wheras Alton I think had something interesting planned.

Alton had an entire year of events planned as well as TWODW; I think they had a Corkscrew event planned in April, something to do with CBeebies and something to do with Gangsta Granny in May, a "summer of thrills" in August and Oktoberfest in September on top of the usual Scarefest & Fireworks. I'm really hoping they can defer this to 2021, as some of it sounds very interesting, and I think the park deserves to be able to celebrate its history in style!

Alton had an entire year of events planned as well as TWODW; I think they had a Corkscrew event planned in April, something to do with CBeebies and something to do with Gangsta Granny in May, a "summer of thrills" in August and Oktoberfest in September on top of the usual Scarefest & Fireworks. I'm really hoping they can defer this to 2021, as some of it sounds very interesting, and I think the park deserves to be able to celebrate its history in style!
They can just say the 2020 season doesn't count as a season :)

This seems like a really sensible way for them to put their new processes into practice whilst bringing in a bit of cash.

There have also been calls in the past for them to open the gardens on midweek closed dates and this will give them a no-risk way of testing the demand (ignoring the flock of annual pass holders that will go just because they miss the park!).

Presumably they feel that current guidance allows them to open up as gardens but not as a theme park. Makes sense to take advantage if so.

Shame the Towers aren't re-opening as well, but it's great to see an effort has been made with the Gardens.

Great to hear, what a surprise after that random request last week to see the fountain working...

Don’t agree with the booking fee even though it’s a £1 but do understand it’s needed to deter people booking and not showing up although the fact they are asking for pass ID for booking does given them an easy way to cancel future tickets if they book and don’t show up.

@Danny presumably the Towers are now taken over by Scarefest like usual.

Great to hear, what a surprise after that random request last week to see the fountain working...

Don’t agree with the booking fee even though it’s a £1 but do understand it’s needed to deter people booking and not showing up although the fact they are asking for pass ID for booking does given them an easy way to cancel future tickets if they book and don’t show up
That's assuming they actually save the pass I'd..

That's a good idea actually. Although £12 seems a bit excessive just for some gardens. £1 pre book for passholders seems to be what they'll do for the theme park when it reopens I guess

What an incredibly positive move! Bravo!

Personally £12 is a little bit steep for me to consider this but I see it as an extremely positive and unexpected step.

Information on the official site implies that some areas of the theme park (including Forbidden Valley, Katanga Canyon, Mutiny Bay) will also be available to explore, obviously the rides will remain shut but still a positive.

I'll be interested to see if they try to open Sealife (I'm genuinely not sure whether they're allowed to do so or not if it's a free extra... I assume not as it is indoors and not mentioned).

Anyway, as I say, a huge forwards step. Very optimistic.

Very good news regarding the Gardens! I hope it makes them a good amount of profit so as they can make a quicker recovery, and I think it’ll be nice for those who just want a slice of Towers without necessarily going on rides! Personally, I’ll be waiting until the park itself opens (which I’m predicting will be on or around 4th July based on the government plan) before venturing up there, but I’m sure there are many who would love to visit the Gardens who will love this move!

On another note, I wouldn’t count events as done for just yet, because Universal are apparently looking at ways to do a crowd-controlled Halloween Horror Nights this year. Considering that’s a much larger event, I think Towers could definitely operate something similar with at the very least things like Oktoberfest and the “summer of thrills” they had planned if Universal’s attempts prove successful!

Very good news regarding the Gardens! I hope it makes them a good amount of profit so as they can make a quicker recovery, and I think it’ll be nice for those who just want a slice of Towers without necessarily going on rides! Personally, I’ll be waiting until the park itself opens (which I’m predicting will be on or around 4th July based on the government plan) before venturing up there, but I’m sure there are many who would love to visit the Gardens who will love this move!

On another note, I wouldn’t count events as done for just yet, because Universal are apparently looking at ways to do a crowd-controlled Halloween Horror Nights this year. Considering that’s a much larger event, I think Towers could definitely operate something similar with at the very least things like Oktoberfest and the “summer of thrills” they had planned if Universal’s attempts prove successful!
I don't think the aim is to make a profit, I think it's more to reduce the cost of staff practice.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.