• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Heads up for anyone planning to attend the extra weekend that has been added to the season. A marketing email that has come out today includes the small print that some rides will be shut.

62pYSNv.jpg

2hvWDxS.jpg
They would know right now what rides / attractions will be closed due to Winter Maintenance so why can’t they just list what won’t be available?

They would know right now what rides / attractions will be closed due to Winter Maintenance so why can’t they just list what won’t be available?

Because that might stop people buying tickets ;)

I imagine the likes of Battle Galleons and the Rapids will be closed. They may well be using maintenance as a bit of a smokescreen for some attractions where they know demand will be low and they can save some running costs.

Because wicker man is likely to be one of the attractions and that's one of the biggest draws to the park so they don't want to advertise it when it will result in poor turnout of guests

Because wicker man is likely to be one of the attractions and that's one of the biggest draws to the park so they don't want to advertise it when it will result in poor turnout of guests
I won't be surprised if WM is closed anyway as it will probably be too cold for it to operate. Same for Thirteen too.

I won't be surprised if WM is closed anyway as it will probably be too cold for it to operate. Same for Thirteen too.

I’m not sure what Wickerman’s minimum operating temperature is, I think Th13teen is 4c. I remember Th13teen having to close early on previous scarefests due to the cold, but the only time I ever remember wickerman suffering from it, is it’s opening ceremony. Hopefully it can stick it out.

I’m not sure what Wickerman’s minimum operating temperature is, I think Th13teen is 4c. I remember Th13teen having to close early on previous scarefests due to the cold, but the only time I ever remember wickerman suffering from it, is it’s opening ceremony. Hopefully it can stick it out.
And I suspect that was more to do with ice and snow on the tracks, brakes, sensors and walkways rather than low ambient temperature. Don't forget that the operation of rides also has to take into account the evacuation of rides in the event of an emergency and the safety of guests and staff as they evacuate. That's why the Sky Ride closes at dusk - not just because there are no lights in the gondolas but because of it being too dark in the event of an emergency that required rescuing from a gondola in the middle of the cable over the gardens. Scary enough in daylight for guests and rescuers but in the dark?! :eek:

WM is unlikely to hit capacity as there is so much queue line for it that they never run out of space - it'll hold at least 90min. Smiler maxes out at around an hour, assuming people are standing where they're supposed to and the ride is running reasonably efficiently

An update regarding ride availability on the extra weekend of 14/15th Nov.

YxORyOr.jpg

Interesting that they would choose to close the Dungeon, an indoor attraction during this time of year. Perhaps demand hasn’t been high.

An update regarding ride availability on the extra weekend of 14/15th Nov.

Interesting that they would choose to close the Dungeon, an indoor attraction during this time of year. Perhaps demand hasn’t been high.

Dungeon has high staffing costs. If they don't get enough guests it isn't worth opening it. Also with the park closed on the weekdays there is no point keeping the actor staff on all week just for one more weekend.

They can be a Plague Doctor one minute, Santa’s Elves the next and then a Princess for Half Term.

Some of the roles will be different of cause. a 6ft6 tall guy would make a great torturer or plague doctor but is way too tall to play an elf. But yes I expect the non-Dungeons ents team move around a lot, Traffic Patrol, Alton Ancestors etc. It would be reasonable that Dungeons is managed separately though?

Heads up for anyone planning to attend the extra weekend that has been added to the season. A marketing email that has come out today includes the small print that some rides will be shut.

62pYSNv.jpg

2hvWDxS.jpg

Has anyone actually been able to book for these dates with their pass?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.