• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Rerides aren't allowed on the coasters at Alton Towers. No exceptions. If that happened then the ride host(s) and ride operator are in breach of the code of safe working practice which explicitly forbids it.

I’d expect the rule only applies to immediate repeat rides without getting off
But that's what lift hills and thrills did. He did back to back rides so I don't know where people have got that re rides are forbidden under all circumstances as that's clearly not the case

But that's what lift hills and thrills did. He did back to back rides so I don't know where people have got that re rides are forbidden under all circumstances as that's clearly not the case
It's not the case though. Unless I'm very much mistaken, re-rides have never been allowed at Towers (unsure why, seems a silly rule and you get them at other Merlin parks, but that's by the by), but it seems this time some staff members have become lax with it and allowed it. Seems a bit strange to go on about it on a public YouTube video though.

A re-ride means riding on the same train that you were on before. If you get off the train, wait for the next train, and go on that then it's not a re-ride and is permitted.
I don't know where people have got that re rides are forbidden under all circumstances as that's clearly not the case
Well I worked on it back in the 2000s. I still have a copy of the safe working practice here which explicitly says no re-rides even if there's no queue. When I was examined on the ride, a question asked if anybody could re-ride? What about with team leader permission? The answer was no, not under any circumstance.

I have had probably a hundred rerides at the Towers, though admittedly not in this millennium.
River Rapids six times in a line with my nephew in its second season, Log Flume half a dozen times, even the Corkscrew, three times in a row without getting out of our seat.
All on very off peak days, all offered by the ride ops with a smile, not us begging.
Old git historical perspective strikes again!

The rarest of rerides were on a certain dead rodent, quiet days, with just enough other punters to clear the mice in front.
We even got offered rerides on the Rev yesterday at the Beach, we were just too poorly from all the walk ons to accept!

River Rapids six times in a line with my nephew in its second season,
I remember getting two laps on the CRR on multiple visits a long time a go! Shame they don't do that anymore. :(
We didn't even ask, they actively asked guests.

"Procedures must be followed for the health and safety of all guests" is the usual mantra chanted by the ride operators.

I remember getting two laps on the CRR on multiple visits a long time a go! Shame they don't do that anymore. :(
We didn't even ask, they actively asked guests.
I remember doing the same on both Rapids and RMT. The no re-rides policy has existed for the coasters for as long as I remember, but I guess it was allowed on other rides when there was no queue.

Re-rides and Alton Towers have always been a bit strange, there is no good reason not to allow them if there is no queue.

Meanwhile at Six Flags Great Adventure I rode the same train on El Toro 10 times in a row at the end of the day, only getting off a few times to change seats. Epic!

Apparently it’s because they see the rides as too intense to do repeatedly in quick succession or something like that.
That's probably true for something like nemesis or the smiler. Not sure how my head would feel after 2 laps in a row. For something like wicker man or oblivion though, you could ride them all day long really

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.