• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
companies not listing pay on job adverts really needs to stop! How are people meant to know if it’s even worth applying.
I've always said this. The vast majority of people apply for jobs only if the salary is right for them. If you don't know, then apply and go for the interview only to be told the salary is not what you want, everyone's time has been wasted. I just don't understand how businesses think that is a good way to run a job application process. Surely it would be better to list the salary and risk few applicants applying (if the salary is not good) and have fewer interviews but with people who are serious about the job than have hundreds apply and waste resources interviewing people who ultimately decide not to accept the job offer because of the salary.

By the way, what is the rough salary for electrical and mechanical engineers at Towers? I wonder if they would ask you what salary you're looking for at the interview stage?

companies not listing pay on job adverts really needs to stop! How are people meant to know if it’s even worth applying.
That's really been annoying me recently too. I find it's usually the jobs that have something to hide that do this. B&M bargains for instance will offer an SM less than £30k to run a store taking £100-200k per week. You'd get £40k+ anywhere else. You have to find that out by trawling the internet and sites like Glassdoor for the salaries and then also take them with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
I've always said this. The vast majority of people apply for jobs only if the salary is right for them. If you don't know, then apply and go for the interview only to be told the salary is not what you want, everyone's time has been wasted. I just don't understand how businesses think that is a good way to run a job application process. Surely it would be better to list the salary and risk few applicants applying (if the salary is not good) and have fewer interviews but with people who are serious about the job than have hundreds apply and waste resources interviewing people who ultimately decide not to accept the job offer because of the salary.

By the way, what is the rough salary for electrical and mechanical engineers at Towers? I wonder if they would ask you what salary you're looking for at the interview stage?

I can't remember the figure but when I looked a couple of years ago it was around 12k less than I was then as an electrical tech at an airport.

I've bought 2 day tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday is there any way to get that changed to Wednesday and Thursday, this will be my last time being able until may atleast

I've bought 2 day tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday is there any way to get that changed to Wednesday and Thursday, this will be my last time being able until may atleast
If you message towers they can change tickets, however it might now be too last minute for them to actually read and reply to your message.

If you message towers they can change tickets, however it might now be too last minute for them to actually read and reply to your message.

From what I've read, AT do accommodate like-for-like changes but, yes, George has left it late.

I guess this is one of the disadvantages of booking so far ahead in advance.

From what I've read, AT do accommodate like-for-like changes but, yes, George has left it late.

I guess this is one of the disadvantages of booking so far ahead in advance.
I actually just went to link and our whole group has been able to change our 2 day tickets from a Tuesday to a Wednesday, no luck on my smiler fast tracks that was for Tuesday though.

I actually just went to link and our whole group has been able to change our 2 day tickets from a Tuesday to a Wednesday, no luck on my smiler fast tracks that was for Tuesday though.

Oh, that's good to hear. Enjoy!

As Rick says, however, explain about your fast track situation.

I was thinking of an impromptu visit to Alton this weekend so had a quick scour of the accommodation websites. One option stood out for me…. It was Alton towers hotel - arriving Friday and for 2 nights B&B ….
Granted the only room left is the coke suite but the price …… £977!!!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.