• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm hoping the addition of these rides isn't to keep people busy and entertained while in virtual queues for the coasters. I'm hoping virtual queueing doesn't happen and this is just an attempt to reduce the physical queues of the coasters but we'll have to wait and see

I hope they're decent and operated properly (I'm thinking more Kermis than UK fair) but I have my doubts. I'm expecting Twister, Miami, Matterhorn/Terminator and something small for kids on the lawns, with the view that Oktoberfest can happen around them and Fireworks will only happen if we are back to normal so no need for virtual queueing

I’ve done a spot of digging , I would speculate we are looking at the offerings being spread out using existing ride locations , so Ripsaw , Submission, Ug Swinger are likely sites . There’s also a lot of space opposite The Burger Kitchen near the Dungeons

Is it known what types of rides we might be seeing here, out of interest?

Also, is it a possibility that we might see these rides stay beyond 2021 if the plan is successful?

Very intriguing news, though; a very resourceful move from the park!

Is it known what types of rides we might be seeing here, out of interest?

Also, is it a possibility that we might see these rides stay beyond 2021 if the plan is successful?

Very intriguing news, though; a very resourceful move from the park!

Well apparently there's a Waltzer and a Sizzler, not sure what the other two are though.

I'm just interested to find out what's happening with virtual queues now tbh
According to @tayspru in the virtual queues thread, it sounds like that has been shelved for now.

Well apparently there's a Waltzer and a Sizzler, not sure what the other two are though.

According to @tayspru in the virtual queues thread, it sounds like that has been shelved for now.
Yes I've just seen in the virtual queue thread. I hope thats true because I'm sure most people aren't a fan of the idea of a virtual queue system

I doubt the rides will stay and hope they don't. It's meant to be a theme park, not a fair ground. Also these rides can be low capacity and a bit rubbish (I mean, why have a waltzer when you can have a breakdance?)

They’ve gone with mass appeal family rides , I believe a Waltzer , Twister, Jumper and another family friendly attraction

What I’m hoping for is at least semi permanent fencing , rather than the more likely steel barriers with AT logos attached

Not sure I'm keen on this. I've always considered Alton a place of magic, with some world class rides, world class gardens and world class centrepiece (The Towers).

Travelling fun fair rides can be both intense and fun, but they are best at night with 200 Decibel music and 50,000 watts of strobe lighting. In the day, they look grubby and boring (yes, I know, The Smiler needs a clean too).

I commend the intention to keep the queus down, but I doubt they will fit in, unless Merlin will invest in some temporary theming and music (AT are brilliant at music).

AT is an incredible theme park, as far as I'm concerned, up there with the best, but I can't see Disney doing this.

Sorry if I've missed this but do we know when to expect an official announcement on this? It all seems a bit odd, could have been rectified had the flats that have been removed had just been replaced with something proper at the time, but ah well.

But we want permanent flats, not temporary fairground ones. You don't expect to see a fairground waltzer and a techno jump in the UK's leading theme park. It doesn't make up for the constant removal but not replacing. Not sure anyone's saying its embarrassing, I just find it strange.

I mean there IS a big difference between the flat rides in Europa Park's Spanish themed area, for example, and a bog standard waltzer.

Assuming these are temporary additions, with a view to installing some permanent and themed flat rides whenever possible, this is a good move.

I mean there IS a big difference between the flat rides in Europa Park's Spanish themed area, for example, and a bog standard waltzer.

Assuming these are temporary additions, with a view to installing some permanent and themed flat rides whenever possible, this is a good move.
That's just the thing, I HOPE it's with a view to permanent additions but we can't be sure. It'll be positive if they actually go down well and spur them on to actually invest in permanent additions.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.