• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If this is coming out of operating budgets I wonder if anything has had to be pulled elsewhere in order to divert the cash. I hope it doesn’t come at the expense of anything. Especially the likes of Oktoberfest.

I would guess there are slight savings if some rides aren't operating due to being indoors or social distancing. So if Hex is closed then it gives some money to pay for the fairground rides, possibly.

The plan is to open Hex, Duel and Co. as soon as they are allowed. As far as I am aware, operating budgets are in place with these rides "open" in mind. I am guessing they will have a few extra staff to help with other roles in the period before they open.

If this is coming out of operating budgets I wonder if anything has had to be pulled elsewhere in order to divert the cash. I hope it doesn’t come at the expense of anything. Especially the likes of Oktoberfest.
On that note, the opening hours currently show 4pm/5pm closures in September/early October, does this mean that Oktoberfest is not happening or might they update the opening hours later this year.

So are these temporary flat rides just going to be at the park until the indoor rides can reopen? Or are they going to stay at towers for longer until social distancing is removed

So are these temporary flat rides just going to be at the park until when the indoor rides can reopen? Or are they going to stay at towers for longer until social distancing is removed

I believe it's likely to be for the season, a it will support social distancing and the Virtual Queue system.

Believe me - it's credible. The rides are on site. These rumours have been circulating for a while behind closed doors.

@AT86 - operating budgets this year I am sensing will be very positive. Keep your eyes peeled, I guess.

Can you tell us how many are on site , where they are planned to be placed , and most importantly are they going to be placed thoughtfully or chucked on the largest flat space available ?

I believe it's likely to be for the season, a it will support social distancing and the Virtual Queue system.
Brilliant then. On the talk of virtual queues do you think its likely to be an add on or do you think everyone will have to use virtual queue?

I have concerns that it will be everyone... but we will have to wait and see as I don't yet know what their intentions are.

Can you tell us how many are on site , where they are planned to be placed , and most importantly are they going to be placed thoughtfully or chucked on the largest flat space available ?

No. I do not know. I would assume the existing ride spaces? Ripsaw? Submission? Not sure...! I understand there are 4 but again, not certain. No idea what but doubt anything exciting.

No. I do not know. I would assume the existing ride spaces? Ripsaw? Submission? Not sure...! I understand there are 4 but again, not certain. No idea what but doubt anything exciting.
4 flats wow that's quite good then that'll certainly help with queues. Shame they're not likely going to be any good fair rides though. Would've loved to see a top scan or something

4 flats wow that's quite good then that'll certainly help with queues. Shame they're not likely going to be any good fair rides though. Would've loved to see a top scan or something
I'd love to see a Freak Out, but that would be too tall for the tree line. :(

Well good and bad news then I guess. Good to see new rides added they're certainly needed, even if its just temporary. Bad to see that virtual queue could be mandatory not a fan of that at all

Bravo to the park for trying to do anything to try and ease queue situations in the park this year, although it's wholly embarrassing that this is what they've had to resort to.

I think the Ripsaw site is flat so they could use it, but Submission is raised and stuff so unlikely. I guess they will just use the lawns though and keep it simple.

I think the Ripsaw site is flat so they could use it, but Submission is raised and stuff so unlikely. I guess they will just use the lawns though and keep it simple.
I'd rather they didn't use the lawns as that would spoil the views of the Towers, but we'll have to wait and see.

I doubt they would use the lawns, not least because it is event space for Oktoberfest and Fireworks (if they are happening this year). Depends on the size of the rides but I would imagine travelling flats could easily be put on the Ripsaw and Submission sites. Or maybe somewhere nearer the bottom of Dark Forest.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.