• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Today was fine, quiet by the end of the day. Nemesis and Galactica both walk on for at least an hour at the end.

Far from unacceptable.

Well you would think that if you hadn't queued over 2 hours for wicker man

For somebody who consistently criticises guests for ill-advisedly joining longer queues, you certainly seem to have made several of those same decisions.

I waited 30 minutes for Th13teen today, 20 for Wicker Man. Didn"t bother with Smiler. As I said Galactica, Nemesis, Rita and Oblivion were all walk on for long periods and in any case, ride close was 8pm so some queues are to be expected.

The queues were very avoidable today.

For somebody who consistently criticises guests for ill-advisedly joining longer queues, you certainly seem to have made several of those same decisions.

I waited 30 minutes for Th13teen today, 20 for Wicker Man. Didn"t bother with Smiler. As I said Galactica, Nemesis, Rita and Oblivion were all walk on for long periods and in any case, ride close was 8pm so some queues are to be expected.

The queues were very avoidable today.
Yes you're right queues were very avoidable today and I made a stupid decision joining the wicker man queue then. Regardless though, I joined when it said 90, I didn't expect to wait 45 mins longer. Tbf though I think it would've been correct if it had been on 3 trains, however when I was queueing it was on 2 so that'll be why it took much longer

Last edited:
Tbh I think most weekends from now will be packed, especially after the next restrictions easing on the 17th.
That's a good thing for the park though, considering how long Covid forced them to shut.

That got shelved in favour of the Retrosquad this season.
I don't believe it was a "this or that" situation. Virtual queueing seemed to be mooted by the powers that be in order to show that they're implementing covid measures, even if it's a paper pushing exercise in reality. I'm very glad it never went ahead.

Last edited:
The Smiler and Oblivion were shut until around 2pm today and other rides such as Spinball have experienced lengthy downtime.

This has resulted in longer queues for other rides and a big surge towards X-Sector once the headliners opened at 2pm.

The park have ignored requests regarding extending opening hours (which are a shoddy 4pm) and simply reply with copy and paste ‘check our app for the latest updates!’ responses.

It very much comes across that they simply don’t give a fudge. Very sad really.

The Smiler queue is at capacity today. 4pm ride close. Absolute madness.
Yes but it's been shut most the day so everyone will be there. Doesn't mean the parks busy. Look at the queues for all the other rides atm they're very small.

The Smiler and Oblivion were shut until around 2pm today and other rides such as Spinball have experienced lengthy downtime.

This has resulted in longer queues for other rides and a big surge towards X-Sector once the headliners opened at 2pm.

The park have ignored requests regarding extending opening hours (which are a shoddy 4pm) and simply reply with copy and paste ‘check our app for the latest updates!’ responses.

The park is open til 8 every weekend so if people want longer hours on park they should just visit then. The queues have looked minimal today so I don't know why there's so many complaints on social media. Yes 2 rides opened late and there is a surge of queues at those rides currently, however the rest of the rides today have been 30 or less on the most part

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilst I don't doubt that someone high up at Towers isn't that bothered about opening time complaints, to be fair it's nothing to do with the social media team. Not only do they not have the authority to do anything about opening hours, they'll have strict instructions to stay on script when questioned.

Whilst I don't doubt that someone high up at Towers isn't that bothered about opening time complaints, to be fair it's nothing to do with the social media team. Not only do they not have the authority to do anything about opening hours, they'll have strict instructions to stay on script when questioned.

My comment wasn’t specifically aimed at the members of that team. It was a comment on the overall action (or lack of) by Alton Towers. It isn’t really of much interest to paying customers who is authorised to do or say what. They just want to have a good day out and for remedial action to be taken should things not go to plan.

I think they will have a repeat of this next Monday, it's a bank holiday and they're still advertising 4pm close. I just hope that sense gets to them soon.

My comment wasn’t specifically aimed at the members of that team. It was a comment on the overall action (or lack of) by Alton Towers. It isn’t really of much interest to paying customers who is authorised to do or say what. They just want to have a good day out and for remedial action to be taken should things not go to plan.

Agreed.

It's just I've noticed, especially on Twitter, a lot of people getting angry and taking it out on the twitter team when they don't get a specific answer on something, normally why a ride is down. It's almost as if they think the person is deliberately misleading them or with-holding information when this is obviously something that the social media team won't know the exact answer too, and can only respond with a PR answer.

I appreciate it's annoying for the customer.

I can't imagine it is actually going to be a 4pm close on a bank holiday!? Hopefully just an error, you would expect 8pm like the weekends.

The park is open til 8 every weekend so if people want longer hours on park they should just visit then. The queues have looked minimal today so I don't know why there's so many complaints on social media. Yes 2 rides opened late and there is a surge of queues at those rides currently, however the rest of the rides today have been 30 or less on the most part
About 40% of the population work weekends you know, so nearly half of the working population do not have that option.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.