• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the most popular rides are the ones at the front of the park, Like Wicker Man, Smiler and Spinball. Because they're nearest to the park entrance a lot of guests go to them at the begining and end of the day. You could also argue that that's the reason they get long queues as well.

I'm not a massive fan of Nemesis, but it is absolutely the most/one of the most popular on park. It doesn't get waits because it's a capacity monster compared to most other things. I'd argue the three most popular rides on park are Nemesis, The Smiler and Wicker Man - Nemesis just deals with capacity a LOT better than the others.

In relation to Spinball, I wouldn't really say its popular as such, it gets big waits because its total capacity is awful - not helped with it being the closest "big" ride to the entrance.

Enthusiasts don't make up the majority of visitors. The GP do and they like something new and fresh.

Smiler still relatively new in terms of big coasters at Towers so it's still extremely popular. And it's a good ride too to be fair.

Wickerman has been a huge success. Even more so than I thought it might be.

Nemmy is still the best coaster on the park by miles for me but it's been there so long that people take it for granted somewhat. Put it this way....no other coaster is going to survive as long as Nemmy. And Nemmy is the only one I could see them just replacing the whole ride and not changing any of it other than updating trains etc.

Smiler wont be smooth after 26 years. It may not even last that long.

Oblivion isn't that far behind Nemesis age wise, I would argue it could last just as long, (also the far, far superior ride, but thats just my opinion) ;)

Everyone always refers to Nemesis throughput as to why it never gets as much of a queue. Let's look at what each coaster probably gets through each hour:
Nemesis 1200pph
Wicker man 1000pph
Oblivion 1000pph
Galactica 950pph
Th13teen 900 pph
The smiler 850pph
Rita 800pph
These estimates are assuming off course the rides are running at full capacity. So yes Nemesis does have the best throughput, however there's not that big of a difference between it and wicker man. So when you see wicker man on an hour queue and nemesis on 10 mins, people can't just say its throughput is better because there really isn't much in it. It just simply means wicker man is far more popular

Oblivion isn't that far behind Nemesis age wise, I would argue it could last just as long, (also the far, far superior ride, but thats just my opinion) ;)
I think Blivvy is underrated tbh. People don't like it because it's so short, but the fear is what makes it a great ride. I've ridden it loads but still get a little nervous when I ride it. :p

Last edited:
The park have actually done various surveys to determine the most well-liked and popular of the big rides at the park over the years.

For some reference, I know that Nemesis won out against Air, Oblivion, Rita and Thirteen when a popularity poll was done in 2010 or 2011.

However, it lost out to The Smiler when a similar poll was conducted a few years later.

The park has also made references to the fact that Wicker Man has been the park’s highest rated ride in feedback surveys in recent years.

So I think from that, we can ascertain that Smiler & Wicker Man are most popular, closely followed by Nemesis.

The park has also made references to the fact that Wicker Man has been the park’s highest rated ride in feedback surveys in recent years.
In all fairness that was on the rides opening year so there's bound to be hype around the ride. I think it'd be more fair doing that sort survey now with the ride being a few years old. I reckon the smiler would reclaim the title now

I think Blivvy is underrated tbh. People don't like it because it's so short, but the fear is what makes it a great ride. I've ridden it loads but still get a little nervous when I ride it. :p
It may be a one trick pony, but the one trick it does do, it does superbly. The best element of a Dive Coaster is always the drop. Oblivion has that and does it excellently. Over 2 decades later, it still intimidates and intrigues people. That's good all round coaster design

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

In reality these ride popularity polls are by and large answered by enthusiasts. The average visitor isn’t really engaging in these campaigns in any big way. So I wouldn’t place too much weight on the results when it comes to the overall popularity of rides.

In reality these ride popularity polls are by and large answered by enthusiasts. The average visitor isn’t really engaging in these campaigns in any big way. So I wouldn’t place too much weight on the results when it comes to the overall popularity of rides.
Must be plenty of GP doing these surveys if the smiler and wicker man are winning because its guaranteed if it was just enthuasists nemesis would come on top. I guess there's probably plenty of enthusiasts though like myself who prefer the smiler and wicker man. What I love about wicker man is it proves you don't need a crazy record breaking ride to be good. Not critisising the smiler by any means but it was a gimmick ride. Luckily tho this gimmick is a good one because the smiler is amazing and certainly the best imo

Last edited:
Everyone always refers to Nemesis throughput as to why it never gets as much of a queue. Let's look at what each coaster probably gets through each hour:
Nemesis 1200pph
Wicker man 1000pph
Oblivion 1000pph
Galactica 950pph
Th13teen 900 pph
The smiler 850pph
Rita 800pph
These estimates are assuming off course the rides are running at full capacity.

Bit harsh on Galactica there, when running two stations three crafts it can easily achieve 1200 pph without breaking a sweat. Nemesis also regularly achieves over 1300 pph

Bit harsh on Galactica there, when running two stations three crafts it can easily achieve 1200 pph without breaking a sweat. Nemesis also regularly achieves over 1300 pph

I've seen Nemesis do 1440pph. You just need a good team working the ride & not too many dimwit guests who insist on tightening their shoelaces only when they are boarding the ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.