• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2021: Svalgurok & Snorri Strand (Rulantica)

Rulantica's French Twitter account has shared an aerial showing the construction sites around the park and Kronasar. Plus the land available for future expansions too.
IMG_20210223_220252.jpg

Source

Also interesting is the land being cleared in the bottom right - rumour has it this will be for a few years the temporary new location for the "Immer Wieder Sonntages" TV show filmed in EP behind the Greece and Russia areas. This would clear the current site which will be part of the (hopefully still for) 2023 expansion/coaster.

Last edited:
There looks to be land clearing on either side of YULLBE. I know someone mentioned the extension of the changing facilities as well, but by the looks of that picture, it is a very extensive area of land clearing.

I wonder whether there’s anything more to it. Some enabling works for the new hotel? It seems too remote from Rulantica to be a direct expansion there and too large even for Immer Wieder Sonntage on its own.

There looks to be land clearing on either side of YULLBE. I know someone mentioned the extension of the changing facilities as well, but by the looks of that picture, it is a very extensive area of land clearing.

I wonder whether there’s anything more to it. Some enabling works for the new hotel? It seems too remote from Rulantica to be a direct expansion there and too large even for Immer Wieder Sonntage on its own.
Would that be where the new restaurant is planned to go?

Rulantica FR on Twitter have shared some updates on Svalgurok.
EwxO-_IWYAAKlcw

EwxO_4fWgAs9OJZ

EwxPAZTWEAQkVcV

Universal Rocks framework for the ice theming around the base of the structure.
EwxPA3FW8AYBa9d

Source

The wooden Svalgur figurehead being put into place.

EDIT: Some more shots from Rulantica's instagram.
Screenshot_20210318-211236_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210318-211252_Instagram.jpg
20210318_211416.jpg

Last edited:
I’m guessing there might be another piece of slide to go on the end, as I’m sure it would normally kinds some kind of run off or something rather than just ending like that.

Might just be the angle of the pic, but the bowl slide looks a bit odd. Not sure I've seen one like that before.

From what it seems like the bowl will be partway down and then you continue down more slide whereas the more common one the bowl ends and you drop into a pool.

Most modern bowl slides put the bowl mid-way along the slide, I don't think I've seen a modern one where you just fall into a deep pool.

At least one of WhiteWaterWest and ProSlide produce bowl slides where the slide ends in the bowl - you come to a stop in the middle and then exit down a spiral staircase. I'm not sure if that's what's going on here though, difficult to tell from the pictures.

Interesting, another food outlet perhaps? Looks too big to just end of being staff areas and/or waterpark equipment/infrastructure.

The development is looking really good though!

Rulantica shared some sneak peaks of the construction site on their Instagram story. Really liking the theming around the play structure and slides.
Screenshot_20210416-183700_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-183719_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-183741_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-183901_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-183919_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210416-183925_Instagram.jpg
Wow, did I just spot some fake slides themed as snakes weaving around the real slides?!