2022: Dschungel Flossfahrt Renovation

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by CSLKenny, 10th Sep 2021.

1. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

There’s not really too much to the area when you think about it. The only themed bit outside of the rafts is the food outlets. It’d take a bit of thinking about, but it’s not a mammoth task to retheme what they’ve got at the moment provided they’re creative with what it becomes.

With that said, I would be sorry to see Spices and especially Crocodile Bar changed in too significant a way. The themeing and effects in there are quirky and pretty unique.

2. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

Crocodile bar has seemed a little dead the last few times i have visited, its pretty enough but not my favourite bar on park. I’m sure they could manage to place spices in a new theme.

Posted 3rd Oct 2021
  3. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a small world
    This ride sticks out like a sore thumb in the lineup at Europa. It's clearly outdated both ride technology and theming wise. Do we think it's going to be a brand new country or perhaps encorperated into an existing one? Is there any sign of both this and African Queen surviving the refurb?

4. CSLKenny

CSLKenny TowersStreet Member

Intriguingly since yesterday a rumour has begun to circulate on Twitter and the EPFriends forum that the ride will be rethemed to Sisi - the nickname for Empress Elizabeth of Austria; popularised by a trilogy of successful German language films in the 50s. A new film and a Netflix mini series about her are also due to come out next year.

Not really sure I can imagine how exactly the Flossfahrt rethemed to this historical figure would look. Also where does it leave Spices; on it's own not really belonging to any themed area anymore?

African Queen is as usual listed as closed during the Winterseason (along with for the first time in a few years Poseidon and Wildwasserbahn) but no word on Flossfahrt; suggesting work won't start until the off season.

AstroDan and Matt N like this.
  5. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Absurd. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Charlie Newbold likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Extending Austria to include the ride does seem the most logical solution!

venny and Charlie Newbold like this.
  7. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

Are Poseidon and Log Flume normally listed as closed but then opened on busier/warmer days? They were open at the weekends in December 2019, but I’m not sure they were advertised to be.

8. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    In general during the winter season if the weather allows and crowds are reasonably large they will open everything except Atlantica Supersplash and Fjord Rafting, this does mean that you can get a ride on Poseidon and Tiroler Log Flume if you don't mind the water being almost freezing!

9. Ramius

Ramius TowersStreet Member

There are several logical solutions like extending austria, extending portugal or extending england (with scotland) or it will be themed to a new country.

10. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

For a moment there I thought we were in the Brexit thread...innovative solutions to the issue