• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Yeah I know it’s not returning - just curious if there was any signs of another attraction going on this site this season. Would look pretty awful if not with Submission’s footings on show.
Well, I know nothing about what's going on over there so far.

But it'd be nice if they did get to put a permanent flat ride there, maybe something Like a Zamperla Hawk.

Assuming you saw Oblivion testing from outside the park, was there any sign of activity on Mixtape’s site? Just curious as to whether anything will be going there this season now that the park said it isn’t returning.
I didn't see anything but couldnt see much tbf

Hopefully something will go there, but if it’s another fairground ride it wouldn’t take much to get it in and working. We know the queue line is all there, and the site was concreted over to make it flat for mixtape. So in theory they could just arrive a few days before season.

Hopefully something will go there, but if it’s another fairground ride it wouldn’t take much to get it in and working. We know the queue line is all there, and the site was concreted over to make it flat for mixtape. So in theory they could just arrive a few days before season.
This is true although we'd likely know before because surely Towers will want to announce it soon? It is strange we haven't had a proper announcement yet. Perhaps one is incoming any day now.

This is true although we'd likely know before because surely Towers will want to announce it soon? It is strange we haven't had a proper announcement yet. Perhaps one is incoming any day now.
The Retrosquad rides are a weird situation because they are not necessarily something the park want to publicise too much. After all, they are covering a gap in the line-up rather than the latest 'big addition'.

Last year they were announced very late, during the week before the park opened for the season. Though of course the start of the season was also much later due to lockdowns.

I suspect that unless they are actually adding a new ride to the line-up, this year they might not make an announcement at all.

This is useful to know going forward for MAP holders:

1646149330240.png
This is good news, but won't be the case for AT Annual Pass Holders, as I just bought one for each of my family (along with a hotel stay) only to find that 20th March was not bookable... Tricky when you have no idea before you buy the thing! I did, however manage to talk customer services into sorting out my park bookings for the 20th.

It appears that ERT is not returning for 2022, according to TowersStreet’s Facebook page:

ERT hasn’t been in place at all during COVID, has it?

They should offer evening ERT for hotel guests I think. Offering half hour on Nemesis and Galactica as hotel guests head to the exit or Rollercoaster Restaurant feels like a no-brainer.
Didn't they try this (kind of) the year Rollercoaster Restaurant opened? Galatica was open a few evenings. I don't think turnout was that high to justify the running of the ride after park close.

I would like to see more available in the evenings however I don't think two coasters and a restaurant is enough to draw in guests. I think the addition of an entertainment venue and bar, along with the restaurant and rides could justify guests going back to the park in the evening. I would very much rather see an entertainment venue on the Enchanted Village site first.

ERT isn't a great loss, however it was at least a nice little 'perk' for hotel guests. The on-resort experience is appalling for the price compared to years of past.

They should offer evening ERT for hotel guests I think. Offering half hour on Nemesis and Galactica as hotel guests head to the exit or Rollercoaster Restaurant feels like a no-brainer.

The problem with ERT at ride close is if say Galactica has a 30min queue at ride close time then hotel guests get no benefit as the whole time is spent with the ride clearing the queue of guests who already joined the line.

I would like to see more available in the evenings however I don't think two coasters and a restaurant is enough to draw in guests. I think the addition of an entertainment venue and bar, along with the restaurant and rides could justify guests going back to the park in the evening. I would very much rather see an entertainment venue on the Enchanted Village site first.
There shouldn't be a need to draw in guests, they are in the park and booked for the hotel already. If park closing time is 5pm, ERT could be 5.30-6pm so guests can then have dinner at RCR from 6pm. That is maybe an early dinner, so would be better on a 6pm park close, ERT from 6.15 (to allow day guest queues to go down).
Its not to get guests back into the park, but just to allow hotel guests to exit more leisurely and stay in the park for RCR instead of heading to the hotel restaurants.
If park close is at 5pm it does feel a bit rubbish as a hotel guest to leave and then come back for RCR. But just giving the option of a few exclusive rides and to stay for dinner feels good.

Then after dinner there should be entertainment in the hotels, campground tipi and as you say somewhere at enchanted village. Also Extraordinary Golf should be open to start games until at least 8pm (so it might close at 9pm or later once those who start at 8 finish).

Last edited:
The problem with ERT at ride close is if say Galactica has a 30min queue at ride close time then hotel guests get no benefit as the whole time is spent with the ride clearing the queue of guests who already joined the line.
Just start the ERT half hour after close (so for a 5pm ride close ERT is 5.30-6), which also allws hotel guests to join another queue at 5pm and still get the ERT, for example riding Smiler at 5ish and then heading over for a last ride on Nemesis and Air as the ERT.
Or just allow hotel guests to use the fastrack entrance if there is still day guests to run through.

I have never waited more than an hour for Smiler at the end of the day: 30-45min would be typical for a busy day. Once they close the entrance there's no more FT or RAP so the queue moves twice as fast. The queue would have to be completely full for it to be 90min at ride close, which just doesn't happen.

The problem with Nemesis/Galactica ERT is that it is of little benefit to families with younger children, who make up a large chunk of hotel guests.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.