• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
4th April is coming up as term time for Staffordshire so it shouldn't be too busy, if the park discover that they have a lot of people coming in from other counties then they may add an hour.
We're coming from lancashire so hoping it will be quiet. Last visit was the weekend before scarefest and the queue for wickerman was the only killer. Looking forward to cbeebies and hopefully a ride on smiler.

I went yesterday - was absolutely dead. Nothing was more than a 5 min queue.

But a few thoughts
- The availability was good, with only Enterprise shut
- The smiler 'Half way' signs need a clean desperately
- A lot of the tv screens are still either broken or damaged
- The rapids felt sufficiently choppy but the waterfalls are still needed.
- The monorail really needs to get rid of the window decals, and are in need of updating - they were already dirty and marked, however the stations look great now they have been painted
- In the smiler queue there were a lot of foot marks on the walls

Last edited:
I went yesterday - was absolutely dead. Nothing was more than a 5 min queue.

But a few thoughts
- The availability was good, with only Enterprise shut
- The smiler 'Half way' signs need a clean desperately
- A lot of the tv screens are still either broken or damaged
- The rapids felt sufficiently choppy but the waterfalls are still needed.
- The monorail really needs to get rid of the window decals, and are in need of updating - they were already dirty and marked
- In the smiler queue there were a lot of foot marks on the walls
Basically the smiler isn't the cleanest of rides

I hate not being able to see out the windows on the monorail. Half the fun of going on a travelling ride at a theme park is being able to see some things.
Agreed. It really feels quite claustrophobic riding the monorail these days and not being able to see out at all. I don't think anything is going to happen but it would be nice to see the wraps either modified or completely replaced so that the windows are once again windows.

Agreed. It really feels quite claustrophobic riding the monorail these days and not being able to see out at all. I don't think anything is going to happen but it would be nice to see the wraps either modified or completely replaced so that the windows are once again windows.
Best view from the monorail was going through forbidden valley and seeing Nemesis and Ripsaw testing. Really got you excited!

Heard a lot of people complaining feeling ill after Spinjam yesterday. Saw a girl who kept falling over afterwards and looked like she was in a mess. And everyone I saw yesterday getting off the ride didn't look great! I personally haven't ridden it but it does look like a very intense ride that very few probably enjoy. Certainly think Mixtape was a better fit, more suitable for a larger demographic

Heard a lot of people complaining feeling ill after Spinjam yesterday. Saw a girl who kept falling over afterwards and looked like she was in a mess. And everyone I saw yesterday getting off the ride looked not great! I personally haven't ridden it but it does look like a very intense ride that very few probably enjoy. Certainly think Mixtape was a better fit, more suitable for a larger demographic
Being discussed in the Restrosquad topic, but yes is does look to be a very intense ride. Definitely the most intense ride in the park now! 🙂

Thinking of going this weekend…. Weather is dry but very cold between 4 and 6 degrees. Which rides might be affected by this cold weather or do you think everything should be available?

Makes a change then. Galactica is the ride I've done when it's been the coldest (well below 0 degrees)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.