• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think this is the first steps of the coaster being removed
Removing a few queue line games does not indicate it’s being removed at all. Besides, with Nemesis being closed next year, they wouldn’t get rid of Spinball. They’re either being refurbed and put back, or just being removed - nothing more I wouldn’t have thought.

Credit where it’s due, it seems the park are doing very well this season when it comes to Trip Advisor reviews. A scroll through the last few weeks (and beyond) shows the vast majority are 4 or 5 stars.

The queue times this summer appear shorter than last year, which may well help give guests a better day out, pushing the reviews up - but since the ticket price is a min of £42 for anyone 3+ with 241’s excluded for the rest of August they could well be maintaining revenue with less guests who in turn have a better day out and are more likely to come back.

It does seem to be in contrast to Chessington and Legoland who are still getting much more mixed reviews on TA.

Interestingly, Thorpe also looks quite high at the moment. Not as high as Alton Towers, with 1 or 2 poorer ones present, but their page mostly seems to have 5 and 4 star ratings for the recent reviews.

I wonder why the more thrilling Merlin parks seem to be faring better on TripAdvisor at the moment?

Interestingly, Thorpe also looks quite high at the moment. Not as high as Alton Towers, with 1 or 2 poorer ones present, but their page mostly seems to have 5 and 4 star ratings for the recent reviews.

I wonder why the more thrilling Merlin parks seem to be faring better on TripAdvisor at the moment?
Because Chessington's queue times are still relatively bad because 95% of rides have abysmal capacity.

Alton towers theme park to be fair is still a good fun day out and is a completely different experience in terms of surroundings to all the other parks here in the UK.

It’s the hotels which are letting it down

Staying onsite for the first time ever soon, is there a better restaurant to go to for breakfast or are they all the same and is it a good idea to book the breakfast online beforehand would anyone know?

We usually opt for Secret Garden for the breakfast, go early its calmer than the others.. quality isn't great yet see how you get on. We are staying on site for scarefest as by the time we add on time and fuel cost and the cost ( despite it being nicer breakfast at PI ) there's only around £20 in it.

I think you can only have breakfast at the restaurant of the hotel you are staying in.
If you want better go to the Chained Oak B&B or the Premier Inn.
Last time I stayed last year, you were able to choose which restaurant you could have breakfast in. Most probably choose the one in the hotel they're staying in because first thing in the morning, it's less walking 🤣

Last time I stayed last year, you were able to choose which restaurant you could have breakfast in. Most probably choose the one in the hotel they're staying in because first thing in the morning, it's less walking 🤣

Obviously CBeebies hotel is the exception as only guests of that hotel can even enter the hotel.

But I thought there were some reports of Splash offering an even lower quality breakfast because the prices at that hotel were lower.

As you say I've only eaten breakfast at the restaurant of the hotel I'm in as it is too far to walk elsewhere.

Staying onsite for the first time ever soon, is there a better restaurant to go to for breakfast or are they all the same and is it a good idea to book the breakfast online beforehand would anyone know?
Apart from Cbeebies, I could choose which one I went to for breakfast last time I stayed. Don't worry, it's the same horrid tasting crap served in all of them. I would definitely book beforehand as the good slots go quickly.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.