• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Changing the topic, but going back to the coke issues on park. I was recently at Nandos and they only had coke as a soft drink option, we spoke to the manager who said there’s big supply issues with coke at the moment and they can’t get the usual size bags of syrups, which is why it’s out of stock.

So I assume towers is having the same issue which is why you can’t get soft drinks at the majority of the kiosks around the park. Only at the restaurants, which I guess use the bigger syrup pouches.

Don’t think that’s linked to coke freestyle as I believe that’s a different issue.
Did a double take there when you referred to the "coke issues on park" 🤣

Was thinking about visiting on Monday 3rd October because it’ll probably be very quiet and with us not getting the chance to visit often, ride count is key.
However, advance tickets have jumped from £36 to £49 overnight with a 4pm close still.
Is it worth it? Will it be unexpectedly busy?

Was thinking about visiting on Monday 3rd October because it’ll probably be very quiet and with us not getting the chance to visit often, ride count is key.
However, advance tickets have jumped from £36 to £49 overnight with a 4pm close still.
Is it worth it? Will it be unexpectedly busy?
If there are two of you going a Kellogg’s code will get both in for £65.

About as quiet as it's likely to get for the rest of the season. Of course you could end up getting some random college trips or something but that's just pot luck. As above, look for codes/2-4-1s etc. Cheeky advance ticket price rise though!

Very quiet and worth going is my vote.
Best time of year, don't forget to stare at the trees in the gardens for ten minutes.
Yeah I expect it to be very quiet with it being in between Oktoberfest and Scarefest - it’s just the £49 advance price which makes me think it’s going to be busy, especially when Sunday 2nd is £42 🤔

Yeah I expect it to be very quiet with it being in between Oktoberfest and Scarefest - it’s just the £49 advance price which makes me think it’s going to be busy, especially when Sunday 2nd is £42 🤔
Yeah they're definitely anticipating it be busy for some reason as that's why the prices go up. Could be school trips maybe, or they think Nemmy's impending closure is going to draw more guests than usual at this time of year.

Does the price not go up with less than a week to go?
Happens at BPB, maybe it is being slipped in here.
Still worth it with a voucher, this time, schooltime between events, probably dead.

Anyone got any tips for tomorrow? I don’t really know what rides the current weather forecast would close. I had a plan, but I don’t know if I need to think differently about how I do the rides. Ive never really been on a day which is forecast the way tomorrow is, so I’m not really sure what rides close in what wind speeds.

This is why I was asking, I don't know what rides close in the forecast that has been given. That's why I wanted a somewhat helpful comment.

Well Th13teen and Spinball suffer in the rain. When it's torrential I'm not sure if others close - I'd imagine they would "for the comfort of the guests" but could be wrong.
Thanks! I'll try Thirteen as quick as possible, if it doesn't open in the rain.

Thanks! I'll try Thirteen as quick as possible, if it doesn't open in the rain.
TH13TEEN can now operate in the rain compared to last year, but not in the cold. If it’s really bad rain then a lot of the rides will close, but doesn’t happen often.

Spinball will go to 3 riders per car, which does make the queue move very slowly.

Everything else should operate as normal. Just might not be very comfortable if it’s bad rain, eg the launch on Rita. Vertical lift on smiler, etc.

TH13TEEN can now operate in the rain compared to last year, but not in the cold. If it’s really bad rain then a lot of the rides will close, but doesn’t happen often.

Spinball will go to 3 riders per car, which does make the queue move very slowly.

Everything else should operate as normal. Just might not be very comfortable if it’s bad rain, eg the launch on Rita. Vertical lift on smiler, etc.
I’ll keep all of this in mind thanks! It’s the wind gusts forecast on the met office that are slightly concerning me, I’m unsure if they strong enough to close things!

The wind gusts forecast from 1pm-6pm respectively are listed at 30, 34, 35, 37, 36 and 30. They are all accompanied by heavy rain but I'm hoping it doesn't shut down the whole park! I was pleased to get a 7pm close but it might just be ages of doing nothing, I'm hoping Galactica, Nemesis, Wicker Man, Rita; etc can stay open in this.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.