• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I would bet you, with the current forecast, that they will not last until 7pm.
If they do, you may be the last punter on the park for the last couple of hours.
Get those rides in early, the park will probably be dead with that forecast, but, with high noon, comes hell and high water.
Take your water wings mate...I love coasters in the rain.

I would bet you, with the current forecast, that they will not last until 7pm.
If they do, you may be the last punter on the park for the last couple of hours.
Get those rides in early, the park will probably be dead with that forecast, but, with high noon, comes hell and high water.
Take your water wings mate...I love coasters in the rain.
I’m hoping for the best preparing for the worst. The wind shouldn’t keep rides down all day (looking at a couple of hours based on the strongest wind) so I’ll have to plan round that! It’s so still and calm outside this morning it’s annoying me of what’s to come 😂

I’m hoping for the best preparing for the worst. The wind shouldn’t keep rides down all day (looking at a couple of hours based on the strongest wind) so I’ll have to plan round that! It’s so still and calm outside this morning it’s annoying me of what’s to come 😂
Just be aware that rides may close a little while before the high winds hit as they will need to make sure everyone is off before it hits.

This afternoon will be reserved for a roaring fire, small beer, and one eye on the queuetimes website.
Coasters run faster in the rain.
Skin is waterproof.
The transitory pain is worth it.
But don't get pneumonia.

It has hit up here...your local forecast is wet, cold and breezy all afternoon, 95% chance of rain all afternoon.
But I would still swap your place for my fireside beer!

It has hit up here...your local forecast is wet, cold and breezy all afternoon, 95% chance of rain all afternoon.
But I would still swap your place for my fireside beer!

I'd prefer the fireside beer at AT lol

Pretty wet here but the wind that was forecast hasn’t come. It is true that thirteen can no longer run in the rain again, that’s what I was told, and it’ll likely be shut all day. Spinball Whizzer is also yet to make an appearance but everything else seems fine
EDIT: the number of school trips here for September 30th should be illegal, they’re off in 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Double post, whip me hard, I've been drinking, don't care.
All the open coasters (apart from spinball on the way out) at less than fifteen minutes, Mr Whicker, five minutes.
Fill your boots in the rain.

EDIT: the number of school trips here for September 30th should be illegal, they’re off in 2 weeks!
I reckon some pesky staff member has been doing their job well and enticing schools/colleges to visit in this usually quieter period. Damn you people doing your jobs properly! We need incompetence in these situations :tearsofjoy:

I know a lot of schools cancelled during that really hot week just before the school holo days, I imagine they weren’t given a refund and would hand to come before the end of season (excluding special events) so that will be why there are so many at the moment.

I've been going to Towers for years but never been to Scarefest - the whole queuing for a Maze, which I presume are all similar never appealed. I thought about going this October but see it's £32 for 4 mazes. Are they really worth £7 each? If they are is there a fasttrack option for the mazes (my son has RAP after years of fighting the non existent MH for kids in this country (had to pay a fortune for private diagnosis for school to take it seriously)- before that I'd "happily" paid for fast track for him). My question in short form. Is £32 worth it? Is there RAP for the mazes? Is there MAP reduction for the mazes? Is there amd how much are fast tracks for the Mazes? Also it says you have to do the mazes in a 2 hour timeframe - is that even possible without fasttrack? We did the clown thing at Thorpe recently and really enjoyed it so thats why looking at Scarefest now.

Pretty wet here but the wind that was forecast hasn’t come. It is true that thirteen can no longer run in the rain again, that’s what I was told, and it’ll likely be shut all day. Spinball Whizzer is also yet to make an appearance but everything else seems fine

Spinball did actually open for around 5 minutes, just as the rain started. I know because I was on it, my car stopped on one of the mid course block brakes, was stuck up there for 20 minutes. Got soaked!

I've been going to Towers for years but never been to Scarefest - the whole queuing for a Maze, which I presume are all similar never appealed. I thought about going this October but see it's £32 for 4 mazes. Are they really worth £7 each? If they are is there a fasttrack option for the mazes (my son has RAP after years of fighting the non existent MH for kids in this country (had to pay a fortune for private diagnosis for school to take it seriously)- before that I'd "happily" paid for fast track for him). My question in short form. Is £32 worth it? Is there RAP for the mazes? Is there MAP reduction for the mazes? Is there amd how much are fast tracks for the Mazes? Also it says you have to do the mazes in a 2 hour timeframe - is that even possible without fasttrack? We did the clown thing at Thorpe recently and really enjoyed it so thats why looking at Scarefest now.
There is no Fastrack for the mazes I'm afraid, but of you do them early (they open at 1pm) they are very quiet. And of you decide you don't want to fork out for all of them they can be experienced separately for just £8 per person per maze. And there are no carer discounts for them unfortunately.

They had RAP queues on the mazes last year.

But if you do the mazes early there won’t be a queue, and to be fair last year they didn’t seem that busy most of the event. I imagine this year might be the same, but we will see.

They had RAP queues on the mazes last year.

But if you do the mazes early there won’t be a queue, and to be fair last year they didn’t seem that busy most of the event. I imagine this year might be the same, but we will see.
Thinking of going Wednesday 26th October - pretty much only day we can go - guessing the school half term would be busy enough

Are they worth it? It depends what you want to get out of them. If you're wanting to experience something out of Halloween, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street or Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then you'll be disappointed. If you're after something more like Woman In Black - ie spooky stories with some amazing sets, actors and some jump scares, then you'll love them.

Times and queues: Book them early in the day just after they open - there'll be queues on the day you want to go, but you'll get them done all within the 2hrs allowed if you do them early enough. And there is always leeway - if the maze hosts know it's busy and people are struggling to get round them in the time allowed, they'll be relaxed about it. They are all inside so it being daylight outside won't make any difference to the experience. And doing them within the first hour of opening means you should get a full compliment of actors in each maze as it won't be time for their tea breaks!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.