• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was walking past duel at 9:30PM...ish and I saw an ambulance reversing out from the Haunted Hollow entrance, it came from that path that goes past Rapids/Wickerman that they used for the one way system a few years back...
based on that, is it possible that something happened on Wickerman?
It had someone in btw.

I was walking past duel at 9:30PM...ish and I saw an ambulance reversing out from the Haunted Hollow entrance, it came from that path that goes past Rapids/Wickerman that they used for the one way system a few years back...
based on that, is it possible that something happened on Wickerman?
It had someone in btw.
Possible? Yes. Also possible it was entirely unrelated to the ride, and something happened in the queue, or the area, or it was nothing at all to do with the park at all, and it was a seizure, or other serious medical event...

...basically, it was a medical event, not exactly noteworthy, and definitely not worth speculating over. These things happen.

Headline says it stopped "mid-ride" but then Alton Towers say there were no issues with the ride and it was just a medical incident (presumably dealt with back at the station?)... seems a bit of a disconnect there.

Headline says it stopped "mid-ride" but then Alton Towers say there were no issues with the ride and it was just a medical incident (presumably dealt with back at the station?)... seems a bit of a disconnect there.
They will stop rides away from the station if a guest is in distress or unwell, but the headline is almost certainly exaggerating.

I fell over and broke my nose in a park. Got taken away by ambulance. Just because an ambulance gets called doesn't mean there's been any incidents on rides.

I've also seen people with no previous history of seizures have a seizure after a ride. Things happen sometimes.

Yeah there was a medical incident on Galactica when we last visited, we sat down on it and we were then told to get back behind the airgates because of a medical incident. When we eventually got off my cousins wheelchair was parked next to a lady who had been on the row in front of us but got off obviously before the ride started. Medical response team was with her it looked like she had had a panic attack. All standard procedure!

Yeah there was a medical incident on Galactica when we last visited, we sat down on it and we were then told to get back behind the airgates because of a medical incident. When we eventually got off my cousins wheelchair was parked next to a lady who had been on the row in front of us but got off obviously before the ride started. Medical response team was with her it looked like she had had a panic attack. All standard procedure!
A couple of years ago I was waiting in the old Galactica RAP queue (the ramp near the RR) when I saw a paramedic walking down. I told everyone to move in and they thanked me as they walked past. We saw them later with a guest and a bucket, it looked like they had become unwell when using the VR.

I fell over and broke my nose in a park. Got taken away by ambulance. Just because an ambulance gets called doesn't mean there's been any incidents on rides.

I've also seen people with no previous history of seizures have a seizure after a ride. Things happen sometimes.

Can confirm, I also got the ambulance cred after blacking out on park too.

Hi bit random, but does anyone know if Towers still do discounted (I think it was £5 last year) on the day student tickets for the Alton Towers Dungeon? (Going on Halloween day) Thank you!!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.