• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Those prices are a bit wonky. It’s actually cheaper to buy a 4oz(1/4lb) burger, large fries and a coke separately (£14.50) rather than as a ‘meal deal’. Granted the meal deal is a cheeseburger but I don’t think a slice of plastic cheese is worth the extra few quid.

Last edited:
Horrendous prices. Especially if u have an AP as the hot dog/burger/nachos place nearby will set u back £10 less than that after discount! But as others have said, people will still pay it if they are starving, so they’ll charge what they want I guess.

I dont want to jump the gun, but with Duel/Nemesis/Horizon/whatever stunt they are pulling on Sunday, this does feel like a very exciting time for UK theme park/Towers fans. There are more (known) things to look forward to than I can remember, and I’ve been a religious nerd since ‘02. Lets enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Personally, the only thing I'm really interested in is the new development in Coaster Corner. The other 2 are very 'meh' for me. Nemesis? Yay, lets have it out of operation for a year just so that they can rebuild it in exactly the same way and it could potentially not even run as well as before it closed down. I don't see anything good about that. Then Duel/Haunted House. Something I hardly ever went on anyway and it'll just be the same cars/track and some new props/effects. Yay!! Not. Wake me up when they do something really good.

Well 2022 season personally has been my best ever at towers. Managed to finally go to the fireworks for the first time and also experience the mazes too, aswell as getting a brilliant ride count over my trips. A total of 25 trips and 322 rides on the coasters. My total for each was:
Spinball 6
Galactica 11
Rita 12
Th13teen 12
Oblivion 20
Wicker man 24
Nemesis 71
Smiler 166
And also a few rides on mine train, duel and GG. Truly a brilliant season for me and I'm sure many of yourselves. Towers once again its been a pleasure.

My thoughts on the 2022 season are mixed. I’ve visited 4 times and at least 2 rides have been closed on every visit for the whole day. Events wise for me-
Festival of Thrills was a non event, didn’t really enjoy it
There’s also something about Mardi Gras I’m not a fan of
Oktoberfest is fab but it chucked it down all day so we couldn’t make use of it
Scarefest was meh because of the line up
Opening hours on my visits have been 4, 5, 7 and 9pm so a mix, with the 4pm still being abysmal.
The positives are the operations (when the rides are open) and the fact the event calendar is packed even if I don’t rate all the events. I know this sounds more negative but that’s probably because it is on second thought😂
The NST building has never looked worse, the old Enterprise site has been in a dire state, and they should’ve been clearer about its fate sooner. Lengthy downtime of Hex wasn’t ideal but I guess that can’t be helped. Overall, not my favourite season by a long shot, but it’s not my least favourite either. Here’s hoping 2023 brings better ride availability, better opening hours, refreshed attractions and a Scarefest re vamp!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.