• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm going next Friday which I'm expecting to be on of the busiest days of the year. Don't mind though as I've been on all the rides this year so it's not a problem how many rides I get on
I'm going Wednesday - expect it to be busy - was hoping to get in waterpark to break up a long day/night - looking forward to last ride on Nemesis and night rides on WM and Smiler

Not sure what's going on with Oblivion but whatever it is, it needs to be sorted out. One seat on each row out of operation is slowing the (already inadequate) operations enormously, such that the queue is painstakingly slow on a busy day. Most shuttles being dispatched with 6 per row due to group sizes. Pathetic.

Not sure what's going on with Oblivion but whatever it is, it needs to be sorted out. One seat on each row out of operation is slowing the (already inadequate) operations enormously, such that the queue is painstakingly slow on a busy day. Most shuttles being dispatched with 6 per row due to group sizes. Pathetic.
Are they not running 2 stations? The throughput always seems to be at least a decent 900-1,000pph whenever I see it on 2 stations, which would be a solid 800-900pph even when the missing seat in each row is taken into account.

The queue for Oblivion has never seemed overly long, from my experience; it always seems fairly short whenever I go. It’s practically always under an hour, anyway, and quite often less than 45 minutes. It often seems to be one of the shortest queues on park, if not the shortest queue on park, whenever I go.

Are they not running 2 stations? The throughput always seems to be at least a decent 900-1,000pph whenever I see it on 2 stations, which would be a solid 800-900pph even when the missing seat in each row is taken into account.

The queue for Oblivion has never seemed overly long, from my experience; it always seems fairly short whenever I go. It’s practically always under an hour, anyway, and quite often less than 45 minutes. It often seems to be one of the shortest queues on park, if not the shortest queue on park, whenever I go.

The combined impact of RAP overuse and the 2 seats per shuttle being out of use (which has a knock-on of reducing capacity even more as it creates an odd number of seats per row) is seemingly extremely damaging.

I've visited Towers 6 times this year and haven't seen it operating on 2 stations at all.

Not sure if RAP can take the hit for poor operations on a ride where you spend more time stacked on a break run.

I've visited Towers 6 times this year and haven't seen it operating on 2 stations at all.

Not sure if RAP can take the hit for poor operations on a ride where you spend more time stacked on a break run.

It was on 2 stations yesterday, and is usually on most busy days. And realistically they could nowadays just remove a shuttle or two from the track due to the stacking, but either way if an entire row is being filled with RAP every few shuttles that's going to impact the main queue quite significantly.

No post mix available at any of the drinks kiosks (not freestyle, the hydration stations etc). Been told we can fill our blue passholder cups up in burger kitchen and just chicken for free so that’s nice.

Last edited:
Guess i'm wise enough to not go on peak days and not queue 45mins for the shortest ride on the park :tearsofjoy:

Seen folk using the freestyle machines last week so must have ran out from Friday onwards.

There’s a huge puddle at the exit turnstile on runaway mine train. It’s taking even longer than usual for people to get out of the station area as they obviously don’t want to get their feet soaked. Why they don’t just make an exception and open the gate next to it for today I don’t know. It’s slowing operations down so much.

My patience is wearing thin today, long queues everywhere, the park clearly doesn’t have the ride capacity for this amount of people. Doesn’t help that I had an awful sleep in ATH last night but I’ll save that for the hotels thread.

Last edited:
Was just checking out of curiosity (I've already booked the Friday with my map) but the Saturday general admission price for fireworks is £57 which is for me the highest price I've seen for entry.

Friday and Sunday are both £42 which is reasonable I would say it may be slightly quieter this year with cost of living however there are many fireworks events cancelled this year so maybe that'll cancel it out.

This will be my first year going to see Alton towers fireworks so I am very excited I watched last year's show online as I do most years and I've got to say last year's looked incredible!

Was just checking out of curiosity (I've already booked the Friday with my map) but the Saturday general admission price for fireworks is £57 which is for me the highest price I've seen for entry.

Friday and Sunday are both £42 which is reasonable I would say it may be slightly quieter this year with cost of living however there are many fireworks events cancelled this year so maybe that'll cancel it out.

This will be my first year going to see Alton towers fireworks so I am very excited I watched last year's show online as I do most years and I've got to say last year's looked incredible!
The online prices seem to change all the time based on what towers want to charge. A few dates have now changed from £49 to £57 including that fireworks day, so towers decided just like that to charge £8 more per person

The online prices seem to change all the time based on what towers want to charge. A few dates have now changed from £49 to £57 including that fireworks day, so towers decided just like that to charge £8 more per person
Because they're expecting those days to be busier. It's called "adaptive pricing" or something.

There is a base price (based on the day), so half term is usually £42 weekdays £38 etc and then as they sell tickets the price increases depending on demand, so the closer you get - the more likely the price has gone up.

If it’s a quiet weekday it is more likely to stick to £38 because they haven’t sold that many tickets. But the fireworks Saturday will book up quick so ticket prices ramp up.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.