• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It is run by the marketing team for promotions and content, and guest experience for responding to questions/complaints etc; very much in-house per attraction.

It's never looked amazing - unless this was damaged in the recent storm, this is... well, a bit embarrasing! Would be cute if they built some proper walls with some funky murals, some bunting, and fun audio to give that pathway a bit of character. For a main path that leads directly to two of the biggest coasters in the park, it's lacking any sort of magic - could quite easily mistake it for the car park. At least the old one was green so you could argue it somewhat blended in with the foliage.

I wonder if they’re going to put adverts back on it, like it had before?

If Spinball isn’t removed in favour of a CBeebies expansion, I’ve always thought that area might make a nice site for an Adventure Land expansion or possibly a new themed area to replace Adventure Land. Is there a reason why Towers has never used this bit?

That pathway has always been rubbish so this isn't really any worse. It looks like it's still to be painted. I wish they'd just sorted out the storage area and removed the arcade, that way there'd be no need for the fences.

Is it too much to ask for some vertical garden-esque set up down there, rather than literally having Geoff from B&Q drop some spare panels off and erect them? It looks like the entrance to a half-rate garden centre, not a path at Britain's leading "theme" park.

One heck of a ‘routine maintenance’ program the Smiler is under going isnt it. They were saying that in October! 🤣
They're not still waiting for that part surely?......

I haven't reknewed by season pass this year, partly down to the price increase and also because i'm worried that my favourite ride has operated for so long.

They're not still waiting for that part surely?......

I haven't reknewed by season pass this year, partly down to the price increase and also because i'm worried that my favourite ride has operated for so long.
Am I the only one who's got used to smiler being shut now. It will feel weird actually seeing it open again

Am I the only one who's got used to smiler being shut now. It will feel weird actually seeing it open again
It was only shut for about 3-4 weeks before the end of last season, not exactly a massive period of downtime in comparison to the rest of the season!! It was closed for longer after the 2015 incident!!

Yeah it’s only been shut for under a month of last season and 2 further weekends. The likelihood is, and I feel like people forget this - The Smiler was closed last year due to an unforeseen issue. The Smiler is *likely* currently closed because it’s not ready to open because it hasn’t completed winter maintenance and is almost certainly not related to last years closure. I’m summising, but you get the point.

Yeah it’s only been shut for under a month of last season and 2 further weekends. The likelihood is, and I feel like people forget this - The Smiler was closed last year due to an unforeseen issue. The Smiler is *likely* currently closed because it’s not ready to open because it hasn’t completed winter maintenance and is almost certainly not related to last years closure. I’m summising, but you get the point.
And of course, if whatever was wrong with it wasn't fixed until late 2021 or even early this year, then that may very well have delayed its normal maintenance. Couple that with the pandemic, bad weather and staff shortages and it ends up running late.

IIRC, didn't they say at the time they'd started their winter maintenance early on Smiler..?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.