• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I thought the Discovery passes could only be used on weekdays?

Edit: just checked, and yes the discovery pass is only valid on off-peak days (so term-time weekdays).
I think the 2021 pass was just midweek....but with the added sundays and a few saturdays in march and may they're a superb deal especially at the price we got them

I did renew one pass to gold though for the discounts and parking

Is there just surcharge for discovery pass exclusion days or do you just have to pay the full ticket price?

Here's something to boggle everyone's minds!
This is the annual pass restriction tickets page for Alton Towers:
1648839321870.png
So do I want the £15 one or the £20 one?
This is the date selection for the £15 option
1648839396891.png
This is the date selection for the £20 option
1648839455369.png
General lack of explanation here!
My guess is that if your pass is blocked 2-8 April then you pay £15, if your pass is blocked 9-24/30 April then you pay £20 but that's not particularly clear.

Taken today whilst they prepare for Festival Of Thrills. This is the only stage with themeing at the moment. The only other stages I saw was outside WickerMan and blocking off Enterprise. DABA7890-937C-4095-9AA8-94569760CB49.jpeg

Taken today whilst they prepare for Festival Of Thrills. This is the only stage with themeing at the moment. The only other stages I saw was outside WickerMan and blocking off Enterprise. DABA7890-937C-4095-9AA8-94569760CB49.jpeg
That indicates that Enterprise will be down for a fair bit longer then. 😛

Building upon your point; correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Alton’s perceived “golden age” of the early to mid 90s, where guest figures were really high, during a recession? And during the last recession in the late 2000s following the financial crisis, Towers’ guest figures were pretty healthy; they started at over 2.5 million in 2008, and kept on growing until hitting a high of 2.75 million (or 3 million, depending on source) in 2010.
Not necessarily. The 90's recession was early on in the decade by the mid to late point in the decade the economy was "booming" which continued into the new century. Towers successes in terms of attendance very much followed how much was being invested into the place. The economy was in poor shape in 1992 and there was a lot of political uncertainty with a new and unpopular Prime Minister, a split ruling party mired in controversy and a surprise general election result. Yet it marks the year a decade of high investment started at Towers which coincided with the economy drastically improving. Similarly, Towers saw higher investment levels again from 2008 which also ran parallel to an economic downturn. So whilst it's true that domestic parks do seem to fair better when the economy is in poor shape, it's not as simple in Towers case.

2022 is different to the early 90's recession and the 2007-8 global crash however. Whilst inflation was a massive issue in the early 90's, this current situation is fairly unprecedented. It's less about interest rates and a floundering currency now, it's also not a banking meltdown like in 08, whe

Sounds good, remind me of Nemesis in 06 if anyone remembers that.

It would be great to see:
Galactica: Trance
Nemesis: Rock
Oblivion: Drum n Bass/Dubstep
Smiler: Metal
Wickerman: Folk/acoustic
Rita: Prog rock/indie rock
Thirteen: Soundtracks?

New lighting and temp soundtracks/stages could be great. There’s areas near all the rides for a small stage that could be re-used for Mardis Gra, Oktoberfest/Scarefest etc

It would be good to see these stages used into mid evening 6pm/7pm to encourage people to stay later maybe with a finale on a main stage or projections on the towers. Great to see again Alton seeing the benefits of events, time for some permanent reusable event equipment! (Stages, lighting, fountain, projectors, night lights, speakers etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*cough* copy cats *cough*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps cold weather related? Then again, all dark rides are closed plus others you’d think can operate at low temperatures. Must be something else going on, but as Skyscraper said, Thorpe is the same if not worse.

Smiler just opened with 45min queue. Everything else still closed except for mutiny Bay Area. Oblivion is testing. I’d have expected duel to be open at least

Smiler just opened with 45min queue. Everything else still closed except for mutiny Bay Area. Oblivion is testing. I’d have expected duel to be open at least
Hex was closed all day yesterday so I wouldn't expect it to open today.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.