• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2022]: Josefina's Imperial Magic Journey

Agree on that - Crocodile Bar and Spices would be missed and they’d take quite a bit to retheme even if they were to be encompassed in the Austrian expansion. Hopefully they’ll be able to stay in their own little enclave.

I think most people agree this was a needed change. Either for political reasons or just because it was falling behind the new standard.

The worry is if this is a rushed makeover to overt a few complaints or a thought through refurbishment to make it a better ride long term. Jury's still out for me right now. Based only on what we've seen so far it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as interesting as Snori or Madame Freudenreich, (Batavia seems like an unreasonable comparison due to the scale of the attraction, but it was done in a quick time frame). However if they add more next year there's no reason it couldn't have more to it. For example replacing the cave with a show scene finale, like a better version of Drayton's Excaliber.

I suppose if they are using the same islands, same layout etc, as long as the set pieces are built it's a case of drop and go, plus a new station

Agree on that - Crocodile Bar and Spices would be missed and they’d take quite a bit to retheme even if they were to be encompassed in the Austrian expansion. Hopefully they’ll be able to stay in their own little enclave.
Obviously we will find out next year but I would be surprised if they made any significant changes to Spices, unless of course its popularity has dwindled. I like Crocodile Bar, it's quite different to other places in EP, but susepct that is more likely to be changed.

Spices and Crocodile Bar belong together and will be IMO treated similarly. I hope that the exotic theme stays, maybe it will be themed as a ACE outpost and will not belong to any lands in the park but be separate. Or they declare it as an extension of Holland/Batavia.

I wouldn't have objected if this ride had just become a nice boat ride on the lake, in the vein of the Swans at ATR.

In truth, it'll be 2023 before we can properly assess this ride's credentials.

This ride absolutely needed rethemeing. EP is obviously a world class resort. The ride stuck out like a sore thumb and I'm surprised it took so long to get around to doing it.

The project plans have been in their desk drawer for quite a while it's been said. First delayed by the Scandinavia/Pirates in Batavia fire and then again by corona.

I'm sure there, minus the new boats, will be some other surprise improvements to the ride however I do believe they are presenting the majority of it this season. All the gastro offerings opposite including Colonial/Adventure Food Station are untouched thus far - presumably that will be a large part of the Second Phase of the Austria expansion next year.

The EP App has updated to show the first concept art for Josefinas including the new boats which debut next year.
index.php

The second phase of this project is much bigger than initially appears...

1647768476843.png
1647768503524.png
1647768535499.png
Big new eatery with lake views about the ride's queue. Also, slides! The tables on the new boats suggest you might be able to have a meal on the ride?!

(photos from EPFans.info, obviously!)

That’ll be the Adventure/Colonial Food Station gone next season then. It looks like Spices/Crocodile Bar are at the very least getting some sort of exterior treatment to integrate them more into the area.

On the entrance sign for the new restaurant over the new station of Josefinas next year is “self service restaurant” so that is presumably the replacement of Food Station. It’s just moving across the path.

Yeah, they’ve just moved the capacity to this venue. The fact that food station is totally gone from the location it resides on those visuals is a pretty big indication that it’ll not be with us next season.

The plans for the station building, catering venue, slides etc. - WOW!

I don't understand why they didn't just fence the whole ride off until it was 100% ready.

The plans for the station building, catering venue, slides etc. - WOW!

I don't understand why they didn't just fence the whole ride off until it was 100% ready.

Think it was mentioned above, but that access route past it is pretty useful and no construction could really take place whilst the park was open as the site would be isolated anyway. Suppose they might as well have it running than sat idle at a guess?

This is going to be far more substantial than I ever thought when it is all finished next year. Quite incredible!