• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Wait times today, 18.5.23, were exceptionally high with many rides at the 50 minute mark. Is there a major holiday to account for that uptick?

Yep it's set to be a busy weekend all across Western Europe, the Ascension weekend is a pretty big holiday. Why it's always a good idea to research local holidays if you're planning a trip abroad in what we might think of as "off-peak" season. There is also Whit Monday on 29 May though this coincides with our Spring Bank Holiday so may be less of a surprise for Brits.

I assume these festivals are traditional rather than especially religious in nature these days - thus the perfect excuse to head to a major theme park.

Today is even worse, since everybody thinks, that it is a clever idea to take the Friday off to have a long weekend from Thursday (ascension holiday) to Sunday. And that they are the only ones who are so clever :) Is is the same every year: The Fridays after Ascension and Corpus Christi are the fullest days in the park maybe besides Halloween.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-19 um 11.21.49.png

My last visit was on Ascension and the Friday. Never again. The park actually tweeted that they were full and weren’t letting anyone else in.

Clearly things are not quite back to 'normal' in terms of staffing, as with queues of 90+ minutes for Blue Fire, Wodan and Arthur I would be expecting a ride close of later than 8.30pm. Granted that is a 2 hour 30 minute extension, but 9pm on a day like today would not be uncommon pre-Covid.

I figured it must be a holiday event triggering the longer times. I’ve been checking the wartezeitan app daily to try and get an average wait, and was a little surprised by these times. Fingers crossed my upcoming day is lighter :)

If it is next week, you should be fine. After that there are 2 weeks of school holidays which are normally quite packed.
I do believe we’re right in the middle of those school holidays. Monday June 5th is our park day, with the evening before at Rulantica. Can’t plan around everything I guess 🤷‍♂️

I do believe we’re right in the middle of those school holidays. Monday June 5th is our park day, with the evening before at Rulantica. Can’t plan around everything I guess 🤷‍♂️

Even if it’s busy the rides cope fine, the only thing that can fall over a bit at EP on busy days are the food outlets.

Slightly random question, but does Europa Park offer a photo pass like Disney at all and have they ever had photographers around the park?

Slightly random question, but does Europa Park offer a photo pass like Disney at all and have they ever had photographers around the park?
Not sure if it still the case, but some of the ride photos for the smaller rides are self operated, and you need coins to pay for them. I think they are €4 so worth having some loose change if you want to get the photos from the smaller rides.

5 years post Piraten getting it's special pyro. I never went pre fire but the new Piraten is really enjoyable.

Europa-Park has been banging this week. Operations are just superb across the park. It's all immaculate as ever, Santa Isabel was a first time stay for me and it's beautiful.

Ride closes were 8/7/7 for us, felt about right.

Park feels 99% back to normal.