• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Is Crocodile Bar still closed?

I think Bodega has reopened with slightly more limited hours than the already limited hours it had pre-Covid.

Whats the 1% of it not being back to normal out of intrest?
I was there in May, in-park operations were good - as one might expect - but service at some of the bars and restaurants on resort was really poor; we tried to get drinks at Commedia dell'Arte but gave up as no one bothered to take our order, even after I'd attempted to order at the bar and been sent back to the table as 'someone would be over' (they weren't). We were also basically forgotten about in Don Quichotte; I think we sat at our table for about half an hour before we managed to order anything.

Whats the 1% of it not being back to normal out of intrest?
For me, it was the service at Spirit of St Louis which was absolutely shocking. Historically I always found the service here to be excellent, but on this occasion you could find a table and then wait upwards of 20 minutes before anybody would even come over with a drinks menu. Drinks were then slow to be brought across, in one case we waited 30 minutes. Excuses were abound about how overrun they were. This was repeated on both nights we were there.

I guess the other thing is the opening hours of some of the hotel bars, e.g. Colosseo bar which only opens Thu to Sun, and Buena Vista Club on Friday and Saturday. I am sure these used to be open every night?

That said, it was great to see more things open within the park and the experience for me is not too far off pre-Covid levels. Certainly things have signficantly improved from where we were in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

Hotel bar service has certainly been very hit and miss since Covid, although that's not to say it always used to be perfect beforehand. I remember once back in 2016 (I think) in Buena Vista, there were only a couple of serving staff and it was as if they didn't want to take any orders!

When in a smaller group I quite like to sit at the bar, certainly speeds up the ordering process as the staff are right there in front of you!

When in a smaller group I quite like to sit at the bar, certainly speeds up the ordering process as the staff are right there in front of you!
Last time I visited (April 2022), I had an evening to myself in the resort as my travelling companions were struggling to hack multiple theme park days in a row so headed to bed around 9pm. After a dip in the Bell Rock pool, I headed to El Circo where I sat on my own, at the bar, and had a wonderful, unique experience (to me anyway), just sitting, enjoying the atmosphere, texting friends, drinking cocktails and observing the staff work away. A simple pleasure I was not expecting but certainly one I’d be keen to repeat should the situation arise again.

I don't think our introduction to the World of EP could have been better then venturing down and perching up at the bar in Spirit of St Louis.

Was a fantastic experience,

Combo-tickets are now offered for all in park VR experiences (Alpenexpress, Valerian, YULLBE GO in the Blue Fire Dome). Price of 13 euros (saving of 2) and all 3 attractions have to be done within the same day.

The 1% not quite there yet:
  • Buena Vista Club & Bar Colosseo remain closed on many nights, as do some restaurants such as Tre Kronen. This is not OK, given that hotel rates are high consistently.
  • There is not music entertainment consistently in bars. Again - room rates are room rates.
  • Bar service was slow in some cases, especially Spirit of Saint Louis
  • Whilst some park food and beverage locations have always been peak/off-peak, there are now more that are closed off-peak (O'Mackays etc.). I have also yet to see the likes of Crocodile Bar reopen.
  • Closing times have still not been fully restored to pre-Covid norms. Last Sunday felt very busy and historically I am certain this would have bee an 8.30pm close.

Spot on summary there.

My one other minor niggle is that there appears to be a few less events than pre-Covid, for example events like Night.Beat.Angels haven’t yet returned or are more infrequent.

Spot on summary there.

My one other minor niggle is that there appears to be a few less events than pre-Covid, for example events like Night.Beat.Angels haven’t yet returned or are more infrequent.

My hope is that 2023 will be a fully normal year for them, restoring confidence. Then they can go at 2024 like a dog at broth before the big 50th in 2025.

Either way, the park did feel largely fine. There was lots of music in beer gardens on park, and we had some great musical entertainment on weekend nights in the bars, too.

Just had another fantastic week at Europa Park. It was busier last week, than last year, which is a good thing. Queues for most rides did not not go above 30 minutes, and with three days on park, we got everything we wanted done. Each day on park, the opening time was extended by an hour, and on Saturday it was extended until 8pm.

Got a lot more of the shows done this year, and the only show which my lack of German impacted was the Funny Library, which the Magicians jokes we did not understand.

The Junior Club Studio Live show was lots of fun for the kids, and although it was in German, the songs were in English, and on the side of the stage, they had text which gave context to what was going on. If you have young kids, it is worth going to.

The girls did not want to leave, and are already looking forward to heading back next year.

Do the park food outlets stay open when opening time is extended? On my first and only previous trip in June 2019 hours were extended but can’t remember if food outlets stayed open as ate in the hotel.

Visiting in august, do hrs normally get extended in august? We are there for 5 nights staying onsite. have booked hotel restaurants for the fr, sat and Sunday night (harbour side, silver lake saloon and Antica Roma) as expect the restaurants to be fully booked.

On the other two nights would rather eat at bar spirit of St Louis (I remember the club sandwich being excellent in 2019) and the pizza place in hotel collaseo, but if park hrs extended and if hard to get a table at these two places could always eat in the park before it closes.

The restaurants generally extend their opening in line with park closing. Note however that this does not mean that all the restaurants are open until park close (whether extended or not). Some will close earlier and others open until after park close. The Rock Cafe for example will often seat people for about 30 minutes after the park closes. The Biergarten is also another good shout for remaining open after park close when it’s busy.

Eva the Brontosaurus animatronic in Freundenreich has been down for nearly a month; it is being worked on according to the park but in the mean time they've gone to the effort to give her a hat and pillow to make it look like she's sleeping.
index.php

Source

From Looopings today, it seems during the high diving show the pool burst open, causing the whole stage and diving board to collapse. A few people also gained injuries from the falling debris. You can also see a boat has been stuck from the ride.

IMG_9460.jpegIMG_9461.jpeg

I guess it could have been a lot worse if a diver was on the diving board at the time or something!