• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Or he just wants to go back to his home country.
Agreed. Could be a simple family decision or longing to be with friends and loved ones again. But seems bizzare that someone with such a distinguished career would resort to posting the status of their work availability on the internet in such a way? Just an observation, I could be barking entirely up the wrong tree with how that reads to me.

Agreed. Could be a simple family decision or longing to be with friends and loved ones again. But seems bizzare that someone with such a distinguished career would resort to posting the status of their work availability on the internet in such a way? Just an observation, I could be barking entirely up the wrong tree with how that reads to me.

It’s a pretty standard post style on LinkedIn when someone is looking for a new job.

Ah well, that almost certainly means that they're all closed forever now that they're not showing on the app during closed season. It was good whilst it lasted. RIP Hex, Dungeons and whatever that other thing is. It's a good job people spend their time checking the app of a place that doesn't open for another month so that we can find out this valuable information.

Ah well, that almost certainly means that they're all closed forever now that they're not showing on the app during closed season. It was good whilst it lasted. RIP Hex, Dungeons and whatever that other thing is. It's a good job people spend their time checking the app of a place that doesn't open for another month so that we can find out this valuable information.
Why remove them from the app? No reason to do that

Why remove them from the app? No reason to do that
The same reason I'd question why someone is checking the app in closed season. No reason to do that either ;).

It happens every year, and it's quite funny how people obsess over it so much. The app isn't used by the vast majority of the public during closed season, so they muck about with it. Stuff appears, stuff disappears and incorrect information turns up. Flavio's is still stored in situ at the moment. there's been no suggestion on any changes to Hex - especially after spending a fortune fixing it up last season and Dungeons I doubt it going anywhere for another season or two at the very least.

The same reason I'd question why someone is checking the app in closed season. No reason to do that either ;).

It happens every year, and it's quite funny how people obsess over it so much. The app isn't used by the vast majority of the public during closed season, so they muck about with it. Stuff appears, stuff disappears and incorrect information turns up. Flavio's is still stored in situ at the moment. there's been no suggestion on any changes to Hex - especially after spending a fortune fixing it up last season and Dungeons I doubt it going anywhere for another season or two at the very least.
Enterprise was removed from the app. No one was bothered and didn't think it meant anything. We never had an official announcement of its closure and everyone realised it wouldn't open again via a twitter response.

Enterprise was removed from the app. No one was bothered and didn't think it meant anything. We never had an official announcement of its closure and everyone realised it wouldn't open again via a twitter response.
There were rumours that Enterprise's days were numbered long before it was removed from the app. You can't compare and ageing ride that sounded like a bag of spanners to some rides and attractions that have either a) had substantial money spent on them recently b) is still a relatively new attraction and part of the wider group's midway lineup or c) is folded up and stored ready for use again in the new season. Honestly, it really doesn't need to be overanalysed!

Sometimes I think that it would be advantageous for people to have additional hobbies or commitments other than theme parks so that they don't have to just sit there looking at apps for places that aren't open or queue times for places that they aren't even currently visiting. It's a free country though (well, that's arguable), so people can choose to live their lives as they see fit.

As others have said, it will probably just be because of the Half Term event and general messing about with it. None of the rides in TWoDW are listed apart from Gangsta Granny, but it really, really, doesn't matter 😅

Anyway, back to 2023, seems like they've got 3 shows running for this event happening 3 times a day. Something extra to flesh out what could be a very, very short day otherwise!

Sometimes I think that it would be advantageous for people to have additional hobbies or commitments other than theme parks so that they don't have to just sit there looking at apps for places that aren't open or queue times for places that they aren't even currently visiting. It's a free country though (well, that's arguable), so people can choose to live their lives as they see fit.
Been a bit windy recently, great for flying kites, as long as you don't get them stuck in trees.
Far far windier on some topics in here though.
Don't get a life, just get an extra hobby to see you through the closed season.
Go brony go, ride majestic into the rainbow sunset, another coaster season approaches, but slowly.

Not my fault I live in the UK where parks are shut for 1/3 of the year. If it was upto me I'd be in Tampa as Busch Gardens is open constantly. Have a far superior lineup to towers too. Iron gwazi is one of the best and Montu is far better than Nemesis and Inferno

But you don't live there, so find a (second, inferior) hobby to see you through the closed season.
Or do a midwinter trip to an open park to see you through.
Or join me in the bronies, they are most welcoming, and make more sense than a few on here.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.