• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hyde park Winter wonderland in December and a few Barry Island trips as they're open on weekends and half terms and watching every park update I can find keeps my theme park obsession at bay during closed season

It must be an age thing but aside from an obligatory visit to WW when working across the road, the last thing I want to do in the winter is ride roller coasters.
Old git.
This is hard for me, by tradition we should be laughing at the thoosie video makers on the Beach today, first day of half term weekend.
Another flipping month to go?!?
Get out of here.
And you did winter wonderland Rick, you got a midwinter fix after the jolly boys last outing.

Hahaha...
Truly never noticed the actual thread group is listed as Alton Towers Chat!
I did think it was general gossip, after getting on for eight thousand posts, I stand very much corrected Craig.
Back on topic, will the duel shed ride be open for opening day?

This one's probably one for further discussion in the Alton Manor topic, however on the basis of the park saying "Coming Spring 2023" in the recent marketing, I'd say they're not 100% confident to say opening day at present.
Thank you, I have been avoiding said topic for some time for the sake of my own sanity.
As a moderator who must view that topic, I take my hat off to you sir...well done.

To bring the conversation around to Sub Terra, we've still not had any word (or even hint) that the ride is returning in any form, I'm surprised no one here has said "I bet nothing's happening" yet.

Even if it is still returning I don't think it's returning for opening, and with all the press around The Curse, do you reckon we could see a reopening for later on in the season? Potentially ready for the summer when they will need the capacity and then lead into a marketing campaign for Nemesis' reopening around Scarefest?

What does everyone else think?

To bring the conversation around to Sub Terra, we've still not had any word (or even hint) that the ride is returning in any form, I'm surprised no one here has said "I bet nothing's happening" yet.

Even if it is still returning I don't think it's returning for opening, and with all the press around The Curse, do you reckon we could see a reopening for later on in the season? Potentially ready for the summer when they will need the capacity and then lead into a marketing campaign for Nemesis' reopening around Scarefest?

What does everyone else think?

Certainly possible, however I thought one of the drivers for the reopening of an attraction in that spot is to pick up some of the capacity lost from having Nemesis closed. Therefore on that basis having it open from day one would be preferable.

Something will happen with that plot this season but I'm not sold on it being a full NST reopening. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some form of temporary attraction springs up on the site to market the 2024 opening of Call of Duty: The Ride.

It then potentially wouldn't be marketed as it would be a marketing tool in itself possiblily? I hope I'm wrong of course.

Last edited:
I bet nothings happening.
Better now?
If nothing was happening why would they have replaced the floor and such? I think it's obvious that something is happening, but we'll find out soon enough. They'd be silly not to use the building for something this season with Nemesis closed. It's a no-brainer.

If nothing was happening why would they have replaced the floor and such? I think it's obvious that something is happening, but we'll find out soon enough. They'd be silly not to use the building for something this season with Nemesis closed. It's a no-brainer.
In Shawn’s live stream the other night he said his sources have told him it’s opening. Before anyone comes at me for saying this, because I know some of you immediately will, he only usually says things from sources when they are true. I don’t mean you either @Skyscraper, just responding to your post.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.