• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The buyout days are always a disaster from an availability point of view.

Spinball plus Retrosquad, plus Nemesis of course and Duel/Alton Manor and it’s a big chunk of mid-range attractions for families taken out.

It’s surprising they haven’t mentioned rapids either as they have failed to open at the start of the season for years now, maybe this is the one where they get them ready on time.

The rides not open are: rapids, battle galleons, Skyride, spinball, couple of CBeebies rides and retrosquad.

Not surprised with the water rides as the battle galleons boats and rapids boats were all still in the car park, where they’re been since Xmas.

The rides not open are: rapids, battle galleons, Skyride, spinball, couple of CBeebies rides and retrosquad.

Not surprised with the water rides as the battle galleons boats and rapids boats were all still in the car park, where they’re been since Xmas.

So once you add Duel you are looking at around 13 attractions closed. Over 30% of the advertised ‘40 fantabulous rides and attractions’.

But they manage to flog these buyout days year after year, so people mustn’t be that fussed.

Personally I wouldn’t ever bother, since you are expected to buy the tickets way ahead of any announcement of what will be open/closed.

Edit: looking at the weather forecast for Sunday and it’s a high of 5 degrees all day with it not hitting that high until around 2pm. Therefore Thirteen could also be in doubt.

Last edited:
But as you pointed out, they keep selling the days, and people keep buying them.
And as Ethan pointed out, it is the filler attractions that are closed, not the headline ones.
And yes, start up days do have extra problems, but that is all part of the thoosie joy of the new season...what can they manage to get going again despite the weather.

But as you pointed out, they keep selling the days, and people keep buying them.
And as Ethan pointed out, it is the filler attractions that are closed, not the headline ones.
And yes, start up days do have extra problems, but that is all part of the thoosie joy of the new season...what can they manage to get going again despite the weather.
But filler attractions are important though, they help to spread the crowds out.

I guess that for many, having the park “to themselves” as part of a buyout day (the park will be vastly quieter than during a regular operating day by virtue of a company having hired it and sold only a limited number of tickets) likely balances out the somewhat intermittent ride availability, so many probably don’t care that some things aren’t open given how comparatively quiet the park is.

I guess that for many, having the park “to themselves” as part of a buyout day (the park will be vastly quieter than during a regular operating day by virtue of a company having hired it and sold only a limited number of tickets)
We'll see about that one. From what I've heard it's going to be quite busy.

I thought that the number of tickets sold for the buyout days was relatively limited?

Limited number of tickets but also limited amount of attractions open and I wouldn’t be surprised if things were a little limited too in terms of operations and staffing. Maybe we should view these buyout days as a limited beta before the season really launches!

Because of Nemesis. Its only 1 ride in the parks usual lineup tbf. Surely we have to judge the overall lineup not just judge it on if nemesis smiler and wicker man are open
It’s like going to a football match to watch your team and the star player is injured and missing.

We had a haunted house last season to begin with. The lineup is worrying with no announcements regarding the retro squad yet.

It’s like going to a football match to watch your team and the star player is injured and missing.

We had a haunted house last season to begin with. The lineup is worrying with no announcements regarding the retro squad yet.
we already know Spinjam, Funk’n’Fly and Flavio’s’ are back from videos. We assume Sub Terra is coming back from all the work. If this is the case then the parks ride count is exactly the same as last year, even without Nemesis. Nemesis has way higher capacity than Sub Terra obviously, but I do think people are getting slightly carried away.

I’m going tomorrow, had considered not because of nemesis but it’s such a cheap day out it’s worth it for us.

Last year was the worst corporate day we had ever had, complete disaster but they did give us tickets to return which we managed to do on teacher training day in October when the park was completely dead.

Be interesting to see how the impact of the missing nemesis plays out as it’s such a queue eater, and in every other corporate day I’ve been up has have the best operations of the park

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.