• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
2012 FHT there was 7 rides open in the day we went due to snow and ice. Leeds Valentine's Fair last year was a write off due to snow and cold. Even today in Kings Lynn it was bloody cold to be out and about in places. I understand why the park is mostly shut

Due to a small child, we lasted 80 minutes at Blackburn fair...without the child it would have been eight minutes...strong wind chill.
Seeing the two year old on a fast waltzer with his dad made it worth it!

Yep, Learning difficulty? RAP, Allergic to Peanuts? RAP, Allergic to Queues? RAP
My youngest son and myself have an Access Card (Nimbus Card) which is what you must now have in order to get a RAP; He's got significant disabilities, including 'learning difficulties', of course, this creates accessibility needs. The way in which we have been treated by other guests at times is quite upsetting; a small convenience of not having to queue at a park, sadly doesn't outweigh a life of watching your son struggle but some seem to think it's a luxury. I do understand the frustration, however.

I had to provide substantial official medical evidence to qualify (all had to be from Doctors/Professionals and detail exactly why this creates specific barriers). There is also a charge for the service. I have faith that this new system will filter out the fraudulent chancers & able bodied/minded and leave those of us who depend upon these schemes for accessibility, it's a Godsend.

Last edited:

Looks purple to me :) 🤣

It’s definitely purple 😂

I’ve seen it in person, and it’s definitely purple 😂

I’m colour blind when it comes to certain shades that look similar to each other, and I’m often told by family that I’m wrong (like if I see yellow, it’s actually green if the shades are similar) but the monorail paint looks purple to me.

It’s clearly blurple.

Behold the world’s first monorail station fully dedicated to blurple.

The “Alton Towers purple” is a weird one in that in some photos, it looks more blue, whereas in others, it looks more purple. I think it depends entirely on things like lighting, camera angle, camera settings, weather etc.

In person, however, I’d argue that it definitely looks purple to me. Whenever I see it with my own eyes, it always looks more purple than it does in pictures, in my view.

Have just seen some testing footage of Oblivion in preparation for the new season, and noticed that Spinjam has been taken out of its trailer and has started to be re-assembled. I assume that will be operational at the weekend. The Smiler was also testing at the same time in a separate clip, so hopefully the first buyout weekend won't be a complete car crash like last year.

Last edited:
The paint looks blue in that picture, but seeing it in person a few days back it was undoubtedly purple.

Regarding the half term event, I took the kids and found it to be a perfectly enjoyable event that exceeded my admittedly low expectations. But I had, sensibly, read what was available before making the trip and judged it as suitable for my family for a few hours.
I do, however, personally know someone that travelled several hours under the assumption that CBeebies Land would be open and they were less impressed.
I also knew not to subject myself to the parks limited, poor and overpriced food offering.
I can understand the disappointment some people may have felt at the event, but I can't understand those complaining that they parted with ridiculous amounts of cash without so much as a jot of research.

Monorail station blue or purple? Is this the new dress coloured in blue/black or white/gold?

Btw I see blue (both phenomenom)

Silly Question first of the new year. How busy will opening Saturday be, with Easter being early and it's mother's day weekend I'm debating the Saturday. Would be travelling from Preston.

It definitely won’t be “very busy” but opening day will definitely be busier then the Sunday or the weekend after opening. It also depends on ride availability, as the past few years we’ve usually had a major ride or two have downtime or on reduced capacity (yes I’m looking at one train wicker man last year).

Can’t believe they have been rolling out this line for nearly 10 years now. It is crazy that an attraction that receives as many visitors as Towers currently has zero electric car charging. Not even for hotel guests.

Anyone know why this is? Is there a bigger hidden issue or something here? Seems mad they haven’t made any attempt to sort this in such a long time.

B0A0A132-0BCA-4E13-96C1-508747C43A6F.jpeg
F2E1AF88-BA96-40EF-9DEF-DED1B5E0C2BA.jpeg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.