• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think they're missing the capacity Nemesis brought, losing Hex won't help either.
Also noticed there were lots of complaints about the traffic jams driving into the park, it's never been particularly pleasant on busy days in my lifetime but what was it like in the 90s?

I’d agree it seems like they may be selling off some old Duel pieces. With the term “duel for it” referring to bidding maybe. Not sure why they deem it necessary to make a whole announcement on their main socials about it though? Maybe it is more than meets the eye.
I agree with this. It seems like the most logical explanation to me.

Interestingly, that social media post about Duel has attracted quite a few comments along the lines of "I hope this is Towers realising how much of a flop Curse has been and bringing Duel back"...

I'm aware that Facebook comments are not necessarily representative of the views of the wider populace, but it is interesting to see how people who aren't necessarily enthusiasts perceive the ride. Despite the high praise from enthusiasts, I do sometimes wonder whether it has actually been a success among the wider visitor base.

That Daz Black maze thingy is a possibility? What grade were the Duel lasers? I work with Class 2 (safe) and Class 3R (probably not wise) but they could nerf them even more and use them as part of the experience?

Interestingly, that social media post about Duel has attracted quite a few comments along the lines of "I hope this is Towers realising how much of a flop Curse has been and bringing Duel back"...

I'm aware that Facebook comments are not necessarily representative of the views of the wider populace, but it is interesting to see how people who aren't necessarily enthusiasts perceive the ride. Despite the high praise from enthusiasts, I do sometimes wonder whether it has actually been a success among the wider visitor base.
one of my trips to towers this year was with 3 friends, me and a thoosie but 2 others weren't

the two who weren't didn't like curse aside from the trommel (tbf one only likes the most intense thrill rides)

The amount of comments on that post across all platforms saying "ooh Duel's coming back!" is insane. 🤦‍♂️

Been saying this since it opened. People need to take their heads out the sand when it comes to this ride. The only place it's pretty much universally liked is on here. Everywhere else people say it's boring or just generally crap.

Been saying this since it opened. People need to take their heads out the sand when it comes to this ride. The only place it's pretty much universally liked is on here. Everywhere else people say it's boring or just generally crap.
Yea the curse is really not very popular if you actually look at comments on socials, listening to people getting off the ride it's rare you see someone coming of blown away even with hex that one is a big crowd pleaser, the curse not so much, even in my own friend group I go to the park with I'm the only one who likes it.

Me personally I love it but it really hasn't seemed like the most well received attraction all around.

yeah course.

Would be a shame if the park didn't stick to their guns (lol) regarding Alty Mans and reverted to type and chucked the blasters back on it because UK guests don't understand dark rides.

Yea the curse is really not very popular if you actually look at comments on socials, listening to people getting off the ride it's rare you see someone coming of blown away even with hex that one is a big crowd pleaser, the curse not so much, even in my own friend group I go to the park with I'm the only one who likes it.

Me personally I love it but it really hasn't seemed like the most well received attraction all around.

Hex was not all that popular in its 1st season with the general public.

listening to people getting off the ride it's rare you see someone coming of blown away even with hex that one is a big crowd pleaser, the curse not so much, even in my own friend group I go to the park with I'm the only one who likes it.
Maybe I’m just lucky but this is so far away from my own experiences with the ride, every time I’ve been on it other guests seem to really enjoy it 🤷‍♀️

Theres no real way to gauge the reaction to the ride from the information any of us can access. Social media isn’t exactly a good gauge because the people that hated it will generally be more inclined to moan online. Even the guest feedback that Towers receive will never tell the full story.

Continue to be bemused by the small selection of people on here who insist that the attraction is DOA, bizarre!

I think your opinion is clouded by the opinion bubble you subscribe to.

People who want to moan about something expand far more social media energy than those who are satisfied with something. I don’t think a ride has opened at Towers where the social media comments are not excessively negative.

Look at you, you have expended far more energy in the Alton Manor topic than almost anyone else, it’s living rent free in your head, that’s what happens when people don’t like something, it niggles them. People who where happy just move on to the next thing.

I guarantee when Nemesis 2: The revenge opens tons of people on socials will moan about it. When Horizon opens tons of people will moan about that too. It’s just human nature.

Agreed, people tend to moan a lot more than give compliments on social media because we can hide behind the keyboard.

Back in June I took my wife and 2 friends on TCAAM and they aren’t enthusiasts by any stretch, but they all loved it so much we re rode it straight after!

I know yesterday was extremely busy on park but didn’t it hit a 35 minute queue at one point?

People who want to moan about something expand far more social media energy than those who are satisfied with something. I don’t think a ride has opened at Towers where the social media comments are not excessively negative.

Look at you, you have expended far more energy in the Alton Manor topic than almost anyone else, it’s living rent free in your head, that’s what happens when people don’t like something, it niggles them. People who where happy just move on to the next thing.

I guarantee when Nemesis 2: The revenge opens tons of people on socials will moan about it. When Horizon opens tons of people will moan about that too. It’s just human nature.

That’s nonsense in my opinion.

You could say similarly that judgments are clouded also because everyone on here is a fan of Alton Towers and the brand.

I’ve seen extreme negativity towards The Curse and extremely positive. Doesn’t really prove either way, but the content of criticism is always the same. It would be better if the criticism was along the lines of “the ride is too short” or “the queues are too long” that’s not been the case with this ride.

Perhaps everyone’s expectations of Merlin have lowered to make this a good ride in people’s minds. Purely because they tried something different and didn’t do the IP route.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.